Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my model 60 Pro back from the factory today. Back in October I was shooting it when the rear sight decided to disassemble itself. S&W sent an email saying they got my gun on November 2,2020. Somewhere around February 15-18 I got a estimate from S&W with payment instructions. I called them a few times, dragged my feet and on March 1 finally authorized the repair. Total time from leaving my hand until today was 19 weeks, 4 days, but to be fair I could have authorized it about 10 days sooner, and it would have only been 18 weeks. FYI, I was quoted a 6 to 8 week timeframe when I initially called them. I really didnt think they would get to it that quick with the Shield EZ recall going on and record firearms demand
Revolver Air gun Computer keyboard Trigger Ammunition

I sent them the sight blade, minus the retaining nut which had flown off. Looks like they just replaced the whole sight assembly instead of repairing my sight. I say that because I got my original sight blade back and I can see a little crud line at the end of this one from it being just a hair shorter than the original which didn’t show real well in this picture
Material property Gas Electronic device Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I still can't believe they charged you for it. That sucks Especially the time it took. I normally praise SW customer service but have no used them for a long time. They used to fix everything no charge. I have sent several guns back to them.

These days I think Ruger and Springfield beat SW for service. Both those companies exceed my requests. (SW used to)

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
Congrats try not to break it again mate...:)

thewelshm

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Strum Ruger appears to be top notch at least in my opinion. Bought 4 30 round Ruger mags from them last month and they sent me the mags real quick plus a 10 dollar off gift certificate for my next purchase. Figured I'd better buy them while I can (before Plugs bans anything over 10 rounds)....

Reactions: timcolr and TTSH

·
Registered
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like Rugers stuff but they sure are proud of their magazines. They want $50 for a 30 round Mini 14 magazine and $40 for the 20 and 10 round magazines. Pistol magazines are not any cheaper either. It's a metal box and spring. They've been making them for 40 years so the process should be well refined. I bet they don't have over $5 into making one. I actually think that Rugers business model may be to sell the guns cheap and make a ton off accessories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts