Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I just picked up one of those breech lock presses. It seems very well put together and very strong, it has a bit more of an opening than the RCBS Jr that I was using. I would say with the press and all the other stuff, well worth $105-

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
So.. are you gonna get it? You can't just leave us hangin' like this! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Carl, I think I am maybe. How's that for an answer?

I really want to start reloading and my boys said they would get it for me for Fathers day, so it looks like I might be pumping out reload by this summer if I can find the components.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dom,
You can't even stay home for $ 105 !! :lol:
Better order that puppy pronto.
Don
;)

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Dom,
That's great! I think you're really gonna enjoy your new hobby.. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
97 Posts
That kit would be a great way to get started in the hobby of reloading. I know people who have used those Challenger presses for years. The Breech Lock feature just makes them that much better.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I dunno.... hate to be the dessenting voice, but I don't really have a high opinion of the accuracy, relaibitiy, or logevity of Lee's gear.... Too much aluminum, molded plastic and die cast zinc.

You will own your press for years, maybe generations. I think you would be better served with a USED RCBS or Lyman than a NEW Lee....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think Lee makes remarkably well priced products and the set pictures\d seems a good example of this. However, if you get into reloading in a big way you will want more. No problem, if you get into reloading in a big way, you'll get more expensive gear, and the Lee can be a back-up.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Everything on that bench will give you "decades" of good service.

I bought a similar single stage RCBS set up "used" in 1973 and have been using it for 36+ years now.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it; especially on cold wet winter days when there's nothing worth watching on TV.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Take the plunge, you won't regret it; especially on cold wet winter days when there's nothing worth watching on TV.
Or hot {115+} and dry {9% humidity} summer days in the great southwest!
But as usual, Drew has some valid points. I picked up a used RCBS for rifle reloading for less than $50 American {and it came with a couple sets of dies} that will outlast me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts