Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Is this the Ruger forum?

4K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Frank V 
#1 ·
I just had to say it (in jest)! :lol:

If you look at the "Revolver Forum" page currently, almost everything has Ruger in its title! ;)

#5 ·
That way we don't have to go to two forums for our favorites. ;)

I don't own anymore Smith revolvers, so I gotta get my Ruger revolver fix somwhere and I'd rather it be here. :)

#7 ·
LeMat said:
That way we don't have to go to two forums for our favorites. ;)

I don't own anymore Smith revolvers, so I gotta get my Ruger revolver fix somwhere and I'd rather it be here. :)

LeMat, You sir are in violation of policy! So you need to go out and buy a S&W revolver, pre-mim, and pre-lock, say 12 Hail Mary's, and light a candle for our patron saint JMB, and all sins will be forgiven! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#8 ·
LeMat, you make an excellent point.
The gun hobby should be, IMHO, all-inclusive.
What we learn from one brand will help us with all the others.
I can't imagine myself being content with one maker's handguns and nothing else. :p
Don

#9 ·
I just feel it "fits & fills" another niche in firarms...MANY years ago, the single action of Colt, and the double action guns of S&W were the main thing,now Ruger has moved in and filled this niche.I have yet to see ANY nice looking 'single action' cowboy guns from S&W in todays market ;)

#11 ·
Leighton said:
LeMat, You sir are in violation of policy! So you need to go out and buy a S&W revolver, pre-mim, and pre-lock, say 12 Hail Mary's, and light a candle for our patron saint JMB, and all sins will be forgiven! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As soon as one o' them Model 27's get into my hands, I'll be official. :mrgreen:

#13 ·
Rugers...PA-TOOEY...THEY ARE BUTT UGLY! They do NOT have the graceful lines of Smiths or Colts !! Well they DO have "one" advantage over the others...you run out of ammo..."THROW THE SUCKER" just hitting someone will break something! Ya can't put one in the front pocket (like a nice J frame)...the Ruger is so heavy you would prob.have to wear a belt "and" suspenders!As for COWBOY shooting...I guess they may be a little better than the ITALIAN COPIES!! OK,dant,FT,Tusk...I'm a heretic...& this is blasphamy...so disagree! :ymhug:
Jim

G
#15 ·
Jim, you troll! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Us Ruger guys are so far above that old song, that we (who are enlightened) hardly notice... As my dear friend DWFan once said...

"Hey, Ugly girls need love too!"

As to the j-frames...weren't they designed to be carried in purse's? :lol:

giz

#17 ·
tsk...tsk....Giz & Lord...TROLL...STONE ME! :ymdevil: THAT'S A LITTLE DRASTIC DON'T YA THINK!!Ya'll are just upset cause the truth hurts.To be "fair"....I did put Rugers...a little ahead of ROSSI & CHARTER ARMS!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :mrgreen: Forget the Steel head cover.... I shall now...run for cover!! B-)
Jim

#21 ·
Jim; I just came across your post, and I must say as a true Ruger fan........that you are 100% correct! Rugers are big....unsightly....and heavy, but, they are supposed to be! Take hot 44 Special, Magnum, or heavy 45 LC loads and shoot them continuously in the Colts or the Smiths, and see how long they last.....they are beautiful guns, but, strong like a Ruger....nope! The Ruger is a tank.....looks like a tank.....and weighs about the same, but, when it comes to strength, there is nothing but a few custom built SA's that can match it, for any amount of money! What is the number one factory built SA used by the custom gun builders...Ruger. I think that says it all! So, in spite of its shortcomings the Ruger SA is the perfect gun for guys like me who enjoy shooting, and boating as well.

#22 ·
toroflow said:
I just had to say it (in jest)! :lol:

If you look at the "Revolver Forum" page currently, almost everything has Ruger in its title! ;)
Well if you guys want I can make a Ruger Forum in here that is seperate from this as a subforum and I can further break that down to specific models if you want. Just let me know! :mrgreen: Or better still I can have a complete Ruger forum here with a new Lounge Forum and A forsale Forum also. :D

#23 ·
Dave,
A kind and generous offer! :eek:
My opinion (for what it's worth) is that many S&W fans who aren't 'into' Rugers can drop by this 'room', explore, and ask questions or make comments.
Likewise with the Colt and Sig and Marlin fans, etc.
A guy like Bill ( DOC 44 ) is a great example of a Smith & Wesson super-collector who also has broad interests in Ruger and Colt.
We are all well-served by the 'Other makes/revolvers' page here.
IMHO you don't need to work any harder...it's great the way it is! :ymapplause:
Don

#24 ·
Dave; I am new here, but I think the forum is great just the way it is........I am a big Ruger SA fan, but, I own a few Smiths as well, and I am sure if Smith had a nice, strong SA in 44 Mag, I would probably own one. I noticed that some here were a bit irritated by the Ruger posts, but, they have the same ability to post about their favorite revolvers in this area (seems there is plenty of room here)......and, I enjoy reading about thier revolvers as well!!!!

G
#26 ·
Dave,

Nice offer, and wouldn't want you to go through the extra work. The other revolver sub forum works fine. One of the first places I visit when I log in. Same as the edged sub-forum. Some pretty interesting stuff gets posted on this S&W forum and it makes it unique. Pretty nice mix of guys inhabit these areas....

Anyone really into Rugers already knows about the Ruger forum. Funny, but there are a lot of Ruger guys into S&W's.

I think what plays here is that Ruger makes a great SA and S&W makes a great DA. Our world is in harmony.... :D

giz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.