Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Is this a Smith and Wesson upper at all?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Elkman 
#1 ·
Hi folks I was wondering if anyone could help identify this upper as a Smith and Wesson. I bought this used kit for a gift for my dad and it was supposed to have been a Smith and Wesson m&p in 556. I got it and it's 300 blk. I'm not really sure if any of it is Smith and Wesson at all to be honest and thought with the markings on it someone might know. Also do you think the barrel is Smith and Wesson? Thanks
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Auto part Carbon

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Camera accessory Camera lens Wood Cameras & optics Window

Outerwear Textile Sleeve Musical instrument Beige

Microphone Wind instrument Metal Event Musical instrument

Wood Trigger Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is an article on receiver forge markings:

The keyhole symbol is "Cerro Forge".

I don't know if they make the ones used by S&W. I can't make out other markings in your photos.

Reactions: combat
#3 ·
Any forge can and will produce parts to multiple manufacturers. My Ruger has the keyhole. I’m sure others use "Cerro Forge" too. Depends on price and availability.

Reactions: combat
#5 ·
S&W AR's are mainly a collection of parts produced by other manufactures of AR parts. This is true of most AR brands out there for sale. In my opinion, Cerro Forge makes the very best uppers and lowers. Just about all the high end AR companies use them. Probably the only thing on your S&W AR made by S&W is the name stamped on the side. I'm just guessing but G2 probably stands for generation two.

#7 ·
I have 3 S&W uppers, two are 5.56 and one is 300BLK.. All are Anchor Harvey Aluminum ( split A forge mark). All barrels have the caliber engraved in the barrel, not printed. Nothing stamped on the rear pin boss. Based on my small sampling and the fact that it wasn't even the caliber you wanted, I'd say no on it being a factory S&W. But I have been wrong before. Just ask my wife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.