Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20,049 Posts
I have a few myself. Mostly Volquartsen components. I don't post pictures as a rule however,

Your optic is way too high above the centerline of the barrel to be much good BTW.... and a recoil pad? Surely you jest.

Reactions: The Happy Kaboomer

·
Super Moderator
19,968 Posts
I have 8 in total. No 2 are alike. Most of them are also close to original, except for the triggers. All but one of them have BX triggers in them. Two fo them are Charger pistols, and one rifle is the takedown model.

I inherited this one when my father-in-law passed away. It's exactly as I received it, and will remain that way as long as I possess it. At 40 yds. we can do head shots on a chipmunk all day long.
Wood Gun barrel Air gun Trigger Metal

This is one of my chargers. I had the barrel threaded, long before you could buy them that way.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
11,901 Posts
I only have two now, a nice stainless from 1996 with a much too large scope, along with a 2002 blued job that I bought cheap at a pawn shop to use in a conversion kit. I only have pics of the conversion job.

Air gun Wood Trigger Machine gun Military camouflage

Hand Air gun Trigger Wood Finger

·
Read Only
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a couple. One is a target model that has a BX trigger. The trigger is a great improvement.
The second is a Lipsey special which has a great piece of walnut for the stock. I changed out with some Volquartsen trigger parts and mag release and that helps a lot as well. View attachment 533406 View attachment 533407
Nice! Volquartsen makes some very nice stuff. I really like that walnut stock!

·
Registered
20,049 Posts
Kidd also made a dandy trigger for 10-22's.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got my first 10-22 in 1983. A very slightly used gun, with the rest of a box of CCI mini-mags.
A friend of mine, had got it for Christmas, the year before, and as the story went, it had fired all but 8 or 10 of the box of 100 rounds that came with it.
He was a good kid, but was a party chaser, and wanted beer money, on a Friday night, so $50.00 traded hands and it was mine..
I shot the heck out of it, when I was younger, and have kept it stock, except for a scope.
I still have it, and shoot it every now and then, but its not really very accurate. About a 1/2 dollar sized group at 50 yards off the bench.
For a while I had a factory target with the heavy hammer forged barrel.
It had a good trigger, and shot pretty darned well, but not good enough, to get in the winner circle, at our clubs match. If I remember right, it shot 1/2 - 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards, off the bench.
While it shot good, it was not consistent, and would toss a flyer out of the group for no apparent reason..
It went away, to fund a more accurate rifle, that did get me into the winner circle, until a local gun smith built a custom rig.
Bought all 3 of the kids, older walnut stocked 10-22's when they were about 15 years old. They are happy with them, and enjoy informal shooting with them.
Over all great guns, but not super accurate, in my experience.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I have two. Both were bought for my daughters when they were little girls. IIRC, cost $135/ea. After they graduated college, they of course moved off ... got married, etc. Both live in large cities where there is no where to go shooting, etc. So, those little 10-22's sit in my gun cabinet. They are as bought. One day ... hope to have the privilege of teaching the grandchildren how to shoot using their mother's rifle. We'll see. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
20,049 Posts
The one thing that actually improves accuracy with the stock rifle is a better trigger. Volquartsen makes a nice drop in trigger and so does (did) kidd. Not sure if Kidd triggers are still available. Used to use my on ground hogs but just not quite enough oomph for shots past 75 yards so I switched up to a .17 HMR for whistle pigs. I have 2 stock ones and 2 Volkquartsenized and a one of those 1--22 pistols as well.

Great entry level firearm for the young shooter.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I have a "few" some stock some upgraded with VQ stuff.

Other than the Marlin 60 the best most fun 22 rifle ever!:) (semi auto)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts