Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,304 Posts
Page 11 of the owners manual says:

“Plus-P” (+P) ammunition generates pressures in excess of the pressures associated with standard ammunition. Such pressures may affect the wear characteristics and may result in the need for more frequent service. • “Plus-P-Plus” (+P+) ammunition must not be used in Smith & Wesson firearms

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
“Plus-P-Plus” (+P+) ammunition". There is no such specification. It's whatever the ammo maker wants to build the pressure levels to that make them happy.
I strongly advise to never shoot +P+ labeled ammo in any firearm. Modern or not.

SAMMI only lists 4 cartridges with +P rating. If it isn't one of the 4, the ammo is loaded beyond the recommended specs for that particular cartridge.
If a pistol and or gun owners manual does not specifically state that the pistol is safe to use with +P ammunition, you should never use it.
It may become dangerous, and will speed up the wear and tear on the gun.

·
Registered
15,304 Posts
“Plus-P-Plus” (+P+) ammunition". There is no such specification. It's whatever the ammo maker wants to build the pressure levels to that make them happy.
I strongly advise to never shoot +P+ labeled ammo in any firearm. Modern or not.

SAMMI only lists 4 cartridges with +P rating. If it isn't one of the 4, the ammo is loaded beyond the recommended specs for that particular cartridge.
If a pistol and or gun owners manual does not specifically state that the pistol is safe to use with +P ammunition, you should never use it.
It may become dangerous, and will speed up the wear and tear on the gun.
There is no specification for it, but a few manufacturers make it, or did in the past.

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
There really is no need for +P; if you want more power, go 38Super, 9x21, 9x23, 9TSW or step up to 10mm

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
690 Posts
Please good sir, take your "facts" in S&W manual's black and white, and put them away post haste, they have no place here!
Actually, that's good to know, I know a lot of folks that have showed interest in the 9EZ, and there is a lot of premium JHPs around for it that are +p (well, there was, anyhow...)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Funny how those pesky facts get in the way of a good yarn...
Please good sir, take your "facts" in S&W manual's black and white, and put them away post haste, they have no place here!
Actually, that's good to know, I know a lot of folks that have showed interest in the 9EZ, and there is a lot of premium JHPs around for it that are +p (well, there was, anyhow...)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Is the EZ component for recoil or sliding the rack ( action ) back ? I do have a EZ in 380 ....I thought it was for people with a lesser grip or strength ?
Jim Z
The lighter springs are for "all of the above." Yes it is easier to rack and yes it has slightly less perceived recoil than some other .380's do. It is no easier in any way, however, than my SIG P238's which for me are much more reliable. That said, the EZ is still a fun range gun with a larger grip (than the SIG's) that fits my hands very well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts