1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15,292 Posts
That's all well and good but I don't have a smart phone and being the dinosaur that I am I have no desire for one.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Great idea! Dry fire practice is a big part to mastering the use of any firearm. Given the price of rifle ammo and the time it takes to drive to the range, this device will make it possible for lots of folks to practice more often. That is a very good thing to do. Greatly improve your on target results. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Premium Member
11,611 Posts
Here's another approach. You mount a precision instrument that measures fine movement to the firearm. Using Bluetooth it connects to an app on the phone.

This can help you develop trigger and hold control. It can also detect movement off target at the point of firing.

https://mantisx.com/

This is also very compact (about 1.5 cubic inches) and can be used on any handgun or rifle that has a mounting point (or can be attached to a magazine base). It's useful during dry fire and live fire as well. Works equally well on iron sights, red dot equipped handguns and rifles and optics equipped firearms.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
Looks pretty good.

In related discussion... been thinking about ordering one of these mounts for use with a spotting scope. I've got a couple iPhone5 that aren't doing anything. Looks like it would be a lot more convenient than having to get exactly behind the eyepiece every time.

Pics plucked from the Net.

Best-cell-phone-adapter-mount-for-scopes.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.07.03 AM.png

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It's different,thanks for sharing the link.:cool:

·
Registered
15,357 Posts
Don't ever drive to my range. It's out the back door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts