·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too many twitter sceenshots to copy, so here is the link:

·
Registered
782 Posts
It is SLUMattle your talking about here. I think along with what their doing there should also be a 5 year moriatorium on anybody that lives there now being able to move out. They voted these people in, LIVE WITH IT NOW.

Joe

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
A plan like that will require time to implement. What won't take time is for the ENTIRE police force to immediately walk off the job - no notice, just walk away or not show up. The criminal element will have a field day, some will die as a result, but it's a win-win in the long term. Couldn't happen to a more deserving city, including their comrades in Portland.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the crime goes crazy, I can see the goods that come in and go out through the port leaving for other areas.........that would aid in the financial downgrade. Maybe gates could refinance the reconstruction instead of financing vaccines for all.......

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Leftist betrayal is so tragic, and so predictable.

·
Registered
170 Posts
democratic thinking in full force. who are they going to replace the police with, released prisoners?

me thinks this is going to go over about as well as a loud stinky fart in a crowded cathedral.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's hoping this insanity moves into Bill gates' neighborhood and that of Bezos

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
How long till vigilante groups appear?

Reactions: cass

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Anybody got any more info on this - other than some writer at TownHall.com saying so? Any other sources? Any text of a resolution by the city council? ANYTHING other than a writer's say so, and a bunch of outrage?

Reactions: MWAG

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The actual resolutions are in the article, and the conclusion that it’s a move toward abolishing the police is similar to concluding that gun registration leads to gun confiscation. It’s how they roll.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Well, much of the "leadership" of the new NorthWest (Portland, Seattle, Western Oregon and Western Washington state) moved there after destroying California and making it unlivable with their Leftist "progressive" ideas of government..... Now it's time to destroy the NorthWest.

While the actual truth behind the Townhall article may be fuzzy or even willful on the part of the author, understand that the sentiment is probably accurate. These states and cities are now a battleground. That's clear. The battle takes place at all levels, and doesn't depend on the sanity of the attackers.

Reactions: NWDave

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
^^^^^ Exactly. We call this "californication". Unfortunately a lot of it was economic. When I was learning residential electrical (part of the many steps towards "inside wireman") trade back in the '80's, we did a lot of homes for "escapee's" from California who brought big money northward after selling their overpriced homes in California to buying reasonably priced homes up here. Unfortunately, they brought their politics here as well.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The actual resolutions are in the article, and the conclusion that it’s a move toward abolishing the police is similar to concluding that gun registration leads to gun confiscation. It’s how they roll.
My bad, my script blocker kept me from seeing the Twitter screenshots until I turned it off to reload that page. Now that I've done that, what I am seeing is a repeat of the same thing they have been talking about - diverting SOME police funding and turning over SOME functions of the police to social agencies, etc.

What I'm not seeing anywhere in there is anything like the complete elimination of the police department - as screamed in the headline.

Can someone help me out with what I'm missing here? Is there something in there somewhere that I'm not seeing? Frankly, a lot of this "defund" the police thing appears to be being misrepresented and sensationalized by the MSM - surprise, surprise, right? What story don't they sensationalize?

Almost every time I've dug into these stories about the move to defund the police it has in reality been a proposal to take the responsibility for responding to and dealing with crazy people, drug addicts, etc. off of the police's plate and divert the responsibility (and the funding for doing it) to other types of groups like social workers - who at least theoretically MAY actually be better trained and equipped to deal with these kinds of situations.

To me it is looking more and more like yet another attempt by the MSM to "scare the straights" and convince us all that we're circling the drain. If I'm still missing something, someone please help me out here...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Ok then, BLM is the good guys, and they just want some slight reforms to law enforcement. Fuzzy puppies and unicorns. :)

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^^^ Exactly. We call this "californication". Unfortunately a lot of it was economic. When I was learning residential electrical (part of the many steps towards "inside wireman") trade back in the '80's, we did a lot of homes for "escapee's" from California who brought big money northward after selling their overpriced homes in California to buying reasonably priced homes up here. Unfortunately, they brought their politics here as well.
We called it the same thing when I lived in northern NV, and they did the same BS there. I watched homes that were going for $75 jump to $250K in a year or two

Reactions: NWDave

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The Pacific Northwest is a hotbed of right wing “white nationalists“. There is going to be a major pushback and it will be extremely bloody and violent when it starts.
The leftist anarchists are going to get their asses handed to them if they live through it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts