Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
K frame 32-20 Model of 1902 2nd change I believe. Probably from around 1916 'ish.
Spotty original finish so $400-$500 if the bore and mechanicals are good. Those original Mother of Pearl grips are quite valuable in themselves and would add to the price. :)

They're fun shooters.

Reactions: sparkyv and Curt360

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
You have a 32/20, 32 WCF or Winchester Model Hand Ejector. Someone smarter than himself, or someone with “The Book”, will be along shortly to fill in dates and etc. I have a 5” and a, currently, 6 1/2” barreled version. The were the magnums of the day.

The pearl grips are factory, that means higher grade than aftermarket. They are also fragile so if you intend to shoot it or carry it, consider getting a pair of wood or stag to save the MOP.

See that, lots of folk type faster than I do!

Kevin

·
Registered
30,012 Posts
Sweet looking classic! Nice inheritance...something to pass on.

·
Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Hello, Bo! According to the SCSW SN table, your gun was made in 1906. It is a K frame Model 1905, 2nd but would have been marketed as a Model 1902 at the time to differentiate the round butt model from the square butt Model 1905. Most of the K frame guns after 1905 were made as square butts. The .32 Winchester CTG stamp continued until 1911-12 when it was shifted to .32-20 CTG where it remained until production stopped in 1930.The factory-original mother-of-pearl grips are probably worth more than the gun itself. If you plan on shooting it frequently, I suggest removing them carefully and putting on some shooting grips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts