Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening folks,
As the title suggests, I recently inherited my fathers 1964-1965 model 29-2, six & half inch pinned, recessed, and serial number S249XXX. Needless to say I am very pleased to receive this and even more so pleased with the condition, original mahogany box, tools and even wax paper. It did lose its original grips at some point in its life and is currently sporting pachs. The gun has been very well taken care of with truly the only sign of use being a very slight drag line on cylinder. It was never a safe queen but certainly not abused. I intend on sending some rounds through it from time to time and will post some pics later on for the model 29 pros to chime in. It is a beautiful blued .44, I look forward to learning more about it from the pros here. Thank you in advance for any input.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Congrats mate, get some correct shoes and shoot it in good health, ps pics would be great,and welcome..
Thewelshm

·
Registered
27,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Something to cherish an pass on. Enjoy it.:)

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Sweet mate. and Being a 29-2 fan owner, enjoy it in good health. At one time and even today,was one of the worlds most desirable guns. If you get an opportunity to buy new shoes proprietary to the gun, do so, either way enjoy it in good health.
Thewelshm

Reactions: jeepnut and bluecar

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Nice pistola. A set of period correct target stocks would be just the thing for that one.
The target stocks were an original factory order option and weren't numbered to the gun anyway.

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Very fine looking .44 Magnum! Looks like the box internals are missing. There are materials available to restore the cushions and lining if you want to update it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts