Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,399 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass, Doug! It was made in 1976 and has the target hammer and trigger. It has some finish problems probably due to use and that will lower the value. I would put it at $500-600 around here.

·
Registered
20,492 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Nice model 19. Will be a great shooter for you...enjoy! Would bring $550+ around these parts.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
16,625 Posts
Welcome aboard with a great looking Smith. Agree with others on price. Just keep clean and enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys again I will put some rounds thru it and in my night stand in case someone makes that terrible decision to enter my home one night with ill intentions! I be back with more I gotta several of papaws old s and w revolvers I'm I'm dieing to learn about thanks God bless!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
That one has got nice target stocks with the "football" speedloader relief too. Nicely grained wood.
Value is highly dependent on local market. I think the $500-$600 range is a reasonable estimate, but it might fetch a little more or a little less depending on how many collectors and the availability of vintage S&Ws in your local shops.
Be sure to post threads with pictures for each of your Paw Paw's guns. We love pictures and there are enough knowledgeable folks around here who are happy to give you good info about all of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts