Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited my grandmother’s S&W 38 Special. It was made in Springfeild Mass. S/N is 369950. No preceding letter. Can you help me find information on this gun. Thank you

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Could use a picture

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
From what you describe, a WWI or a little later M&P 1905 change 4 with a hardened cylinder. This variant largely remained largely unchanged from 1915 till around 1946. Someone here will tell how much it will cost to learn of the original destination of the gun, usually a retail firm. The Military & Police Revolver, .38 Special, K frame, 6 shot, has been in uninterrupted production since 1899. The first million were completed in 1942, the second million around 1948, the third in the 1960's and so on....

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are so many variables that it't not really possible to be of much help without posting pictures that show details and an overall view of the handgun.

Waidmann gives you an overview based on what you posted, but there could be many other details that are important.

Take pictures and size them to 1024 pixels on the long axis, then use the advanced editor to manage attachments and post them to the forum.

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts