Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would guess this as a K frame pre model 10 38 special it has the half moon sight and pencil barrel look inside the crane for any numbers if it's later it will have the model number there if it is earlier it will not but my guess is an early model. M&P 38 unfortunately I am a novice not an expert

·
Banned
917 Posts
Why did the barrel get all brown like that ? Somebody go a little range happy, and scorch off all the bluing ?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
It is atypical. The inference is that perhaps someone got it superhot expending a number of rounds in a short period. Its as good an explanation as I might conjure. It also begs the question as to whether it warped a tad? Which it turn goes back to the fact that the M&P Model of 1905 is extremely common and can be found in every age range and condition. Buy what you want.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
As Waidman pointed out, the gun is a model 1905 M&P made in the 1920s and the grips are post 1968 K frame targets. If they have a number on the inside of the right panel it was put there by someone other than a S&W employee at the factory. They are not the original grips. But no matter, they will work.

John

·
Registered
27,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on the restoration of the revolver.:cool:

·
Premium Member
19,955 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Excellent job!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts