Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a 70 yr old guy if I knew how I would if somebody would like to send me an email I would be glad to send pix.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Your gun will most likely shoot best with 230 ball or any jacketed bullet. That is what they were designed for. Some of these guns will "pattern" with lead projectiles. They are fantastic guns and really fun to shoot with full moon clips.

·
Registered
22,128 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The Model 1955 revolver chambered in45 ACP was an improvement on the Model 1950 in the same chambering. The major (only?) improvement was the 1955 used a “bull” or heavy barrel as opposed to the light tapered barrel on the 1950. One of the most vocal shooters calling for this change was Jim Clark. If I can find it I will post his story of the Model 1955.

Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not very computer literate so I can send pix to one of you guys to post but I would never be able to do it.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
If you have your pics on your puter you can use the insert pic icon on the tool bar next to the happy face below where you typed your post. I'm 67 and not a puter wizz.
I just gave it a try and it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 80 years old and had a Mod 1955 Target 50 years ago. It was by far one of the best guns S&W ever made. I shot only the auto rim case shells and at 25 yards I could make one big whole in the target. I made the mistake of trading it for a new Mod 29 44 Mag. Sorry I did it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Very nice 25-2 Papatrout. I have the model 25 (target model of 1950) and love it. Shoots great with auto rim and full moon clips. Hey Straw, I would be real interested if you find that Jim Clark article. I'd love to read it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Very nice 25-2 Papatrout. I have the model 25 (target model of 1950) and love it. Shoots great with auto rim and full moon clips. Hey Straw, I would be real interested if you find that Jim Clark article. I'd love to read it.
Still looking for the article.

You either have a Model 25 or you have a 1950 Target Model. Can not be both. However for one or two days S&W did apply the Model 1950 stamping to the Model 25 (-2?). It is still a Model 25. If yours has a tapered barrel it could be a 1950 Model or a Model 26. If yours has the heavy barrel, it is a Model 1955 or Model 25.

Kevin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts