Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
917 Posts
4506 is the Gen III version of the Gen II 645.

They are similiar in many respects. For "cool factor", the 645 was the pistol used by Sonny Crockett, in seasons 3 & 4 of Miami Vice.

The trigger guard of the 4506 is rounded, which lends it more to holster usage. The 4506 is also newer, and more were manufactured, in the 11 years they were in production, VS the 3.5 years the 645 was made. So you're liable to find the 4506 has less wear, and is a better shooter, whereas the 645 is older and rarer.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I can not speak to the 4506. I had a 645.

Let me preface this by saying I am a revolver kind of fellow. I know enough about self loaders to tell from which end the bullet emerges. I had a 645, I found it heavy. I also found the magazine well a bit long and that created a long reach for the trigger. (I do not have a small hand and use an N frame for EDC.). The sight were fixed and adequate. As much as I tried to like the self loader ( any self loader) it just did not happen so it went down the road.

So, take my advice with a grain of salt as self loaders and I are not friends.

Kevin

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies,,I have a 4566 But was looking at the longer barrel of the 645 and 4506,,I was leaning toward the 645.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts