Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's a beater, but still shootin' after 125 years. :D

1st model Hand Ejector (Model of 1896). No ship date yet, but a first year gun with that s/n. :eek:

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Hey D,

Good for you.....

Bet it still shoots!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure does. Getting a little sloppy, but it shoots fine. Definitely not a sock drawer gun.
Been sitting in the back of the safe for quite a while and finally photographed it.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
21,533 Posts
Great old shooter. Often shoot my 100+ year old guns and wonder what the new guns will look like when they are 100 years old as far as function and ability to shoot.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a bit gnarly looking..how do you open the cylinder?
Oh it's gnarly, but on the other hand, I didn't pay much for it. This one was shot a lot and generally got very little TLC.
To open, you pull the front part of the ejector rod forward.

Great old shooter. Often shoot my 100+ year old guns and wonder what the new guns will look like when they are 100 years old as far as function and ability to shoot.
I guess that depends on who owns it. I have a Mod 1899 M&P from 1900 that looks and functions like a new gun.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
That is a nice oldie! Looks like the ejector knob is missing. Not uncommon with those models. Is it possible to find a replacement?

John

Reactions: delcrossv

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a nice oldie! Looks like the ejector knob is missing. Not uncommon with those models. Is it possible to find a replacement?

John
I know someone who makes replacements, but don't feel the need to spend an additional $50 for one.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Per Mr. Jinks, this one shipped in September 1899. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts