·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

thewelshm

·
Registered
573 Posts
Being the rude, obnoxious, jerk that I’m reputed to be.....I’ve always thought the “Pythons” where overpriced, overrated revolvers. You would likely see much of my purchases in a similar light. But, to each their own! Some see the Mona Lisa as a priceless work of art.....I rather have a Mad Magazine cover on my wall! 🤪 And, I hated Mad Magazine! memtb

·
Registered
304 Posts
$300 over retail, but like everything else firearm related these days, will probably sell quickly, despite the inflated price. That's a better deal than another distributor I looked at a few days ago on the internet who had two LNIB 4" 2020 Pythons for only, wait for it-$2795.00!!!!! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Pythons are NICE revolvers. Like a fool, I've had several chances to buy one when they were dirt cheap compared to today and passed on every one of them. I've shot them and like them, except for the DA trigger pull.

I shoot as much DA as SA and the Colt DA trigger pull is something I could never get used to.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
From what I’ve read, the new Pythons ARE better than the old ones.

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
They may be better but they are not the older ones. I have an 8" one I will be selling some day soon, I would bet side by side it will go faster and for more money than the new ones.

bob

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Mechanically they probably are since the guts are different. I have an old one from 1980. Lots of shooting got it out of time for me twice. I had peen the hand(stretch) to get back timed.........Mt Welsh get one if you want it. Don't let us talk you out of it.........Shop around the price you show is high. They can be had several hundred $$ cheaper.

·
Premium Member
13,678 Posts
I'm over here in S&W land partially because I don't own a single Colt revolver.

I got to handle a new one in the box at the dealer shop I help out in occasionally, and it was nice, but not $1800 nice to me...

For that money, I'd be getting another DW M1911a1...

I got a 1953 vintage pre model 19 .357 K frame ANIB a couple of years ago. Now that is a precision revolver and cost considerably less.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'm leaning toward one of these what u think?
I think... GO FOR IT! :p

I tried to buy one (an oldie) in August of 2019, but in the end I couldn't quite swing it. :cry:

Now, I am waiting for our People's Republic of Taxachusetts overseers to allow us mere mortal peons to buy a brand new one. Yep, that's right: It's not on our Approved Handgun Roster yet. :(

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
I have heard the new ones are better. However, I have had several Colts and none have fit my grip comfortably. Held some older Pythons but grip the same. Would definitely recommend holding one before you buy. If it fits hand then go for it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts