Smith And Wesson Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Okay! I'll play! If I could only have one S&W revolver, it would have to be capable of being used for everything from walking in the woods, semi-formal target shooting, serious varmint elimination, home defense/self-defense, introduction of new shooters to using a handgun and ... it would have to be affordable to shoot with out having to have a direct line of money flowing from the Fed. Reserve. There is one single revolver that fits that bill. It is the one single revolver that started the revolver cylinder rolling. The caliber is eternal. It is the S&W Model 18 in (of course) .22 LR caliber. Carry it in a nice Bianchi 111 Cyclone holster for carry in the woods and fields. Slip it into the same holster for carrying when necessary in urban environments. If that doesn't float your boat, slip it into a SOB holster and get going. It is the superlative ideal revolver for most everything and the perfectly usable revolver for anything else. In its shadow, everything else is ... well ... everything else! JMVHO. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Highway Patrolman. Why? Because I never owned one and know instinctively that it's the one I need.

Reactions: 45acp230

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don’t have one but I’d probably go with a 4 inch highway patrolman. Just can’t beat it. My BIL has one and I want it ( won’t sell) arrggghhh

81 - 87 of 87 Posts