Smith And Wesson Forums banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,346 Posts
Now that's cool. Cut the nose off that barrel and use it for a prop rod! goodjob01

·
Registered
21,149 Posts
Bob, those are some MIGHTY nice looking grips - I understand your choice, but your model-66 would seem to be the most versatile, just sayin. . .

Hank
Hank, While I do agree with the 66 for versatility..... the 36 is much easier to conceal. That's an important consideration when I go undercover. :D Bob

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
How about a 3" Model 19 ?
How about it? I think it is a GREAT choice if you could only have one S&W. The versatility of the 3-inch adjustable sight magnum is a handy 'do anything' gun. How much do I like a 3-inch K-frame maggie?

I have a dual El Paso shoulder rig for carrying these two model 66's with Hi-Viz sights. Naturally if I wanna conceal a jacket must be worn. Well it's fall and the temps have dropped enough that a light jacket can be worn when I head out on my 700 cc 4-wheeler to explore old logging roads. That said, the Hi-Viz doesn't present as well as your 3-inch mod.-19 from an ISTWB holster, the tall front sight, is bit snaggy. A three inch 19? kinda rare isn't it?

Hank

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Loard'a'mighty those are pretty! Sure I can only be limited to just one? Is life worth living with just one? .................. yeah, it shore is. Not knowing any better - I'll go with my 586 until I have the pleasure of shooting something like what you fellers are showing off here!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hmmmm. Any Centennial J frame is always in the running; these simply hide better than anything else I might consider for social carry in town. Truly an always gun.

But. After retirement, I don't plan to go anyplace I can't carry something else if I want. So, for now, the eight shot 3 1/2" M27 gets the nod. Tomorrow some other 38/357, or a 44 Special, could win. Those snub K frames are always sweet.

This handles well and feels good in the hand:

·
Registered
83 Posts
IF i could only have one Smith i would have to pick between these two .357 magnum K frames. 19-3 four inch and a 66-5 3 inch. The 66 carries better because of the size and grips however the well broke in 19 is smoother and has the much preferred target stocks on it. The 19-3 is the first revolver i have ever owned and i have a soft spot for it....19 it is! I did recently buy a 29-2 which i posted here. That may sway my vote once i get into shooting .44, stay tuned!
Revolver Material property Everyday carry Household hardware Gun accessory

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Hmmm. Choices, choices. Have to go with the Pre 29. I like shooting it and it's short enough to be carryable.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts