Smith And Wesson Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,073 Posts
klgasilBRVO Just for that, you get the famous Wiregrass "ATTAGIRL Award!" Kenneth knows how to pick them (or was it the other way around?).
4 pairs of shoes here. 2 that are dress and worn only certain times. 1 pair that is warm and fuzzy for cold weather and a pair of Rockport shoes that gets worn all the time. Great shoes, extremely comfortable, and lasts for a long time. Guy, I chased him until he thought he had caught me! ;)

Second favorite Smith:

Model 15 for the better than average trigger.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
If I could have one and only one S&W revolver... it would be my 18-3. Easy pick. It is beautiful. And God knows if I could only have one S&W revolver, it'd have to be beautiful. It's demonstrates that level of fit and finish for which S&W is justly famous. Fitted with a very pretty pair of S&W target stocks it handles like a dream. With quality .22 LR ammunition it has produced 12 shot groups (twice around the cylinder) at 25 yds. of 2.5 inches. With this sterling example of S&W quality my daughters have learned to shoot with a remarkable degree of skill. With it I have shot untold numbers of pine cones off limbs for the children in Sunday School to use in making Christmas trees for shut-in's and nursing home residents. With it I myself have learned and developed the basic skills of marksmanship that have translated so well into shooting heavier caliber S&W revolvers. I had always been able to borrow nice revolvers from my identical-twin brother who worked for 20 years as a deputy Sheriff. He would always have a nice 686 I could use for occasional matches at the prison where my wife worked. The year before he died, I used one of he 686's to shoot a 244/250. After his death, I was invited to a family day match. Having only my 18-3 available, I use it. About half way through the match someone lodged a protest saying that I was shooting off the paper into the dirt. A check of the impact area behind my target demonstrated that all my shots were in the target. I had chopped a hole low in the X ring and top of the 10 ring. That day I won first place among the civilians and out all but one of the tactical squad. He shot a 244/250. I shot a 242/250. The following year I was not invited back. Most of my awards and trophies are in boxes stored away. Those two trophies are displayed for all to see. And that 18-3 currently resides in the middle drawer of my dresser. It has fired many thousands of rounds at all sorts of targets animate and inanimate. It will be with me to the end.

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Nothing wrong with the M&P Waidman, truth be told, it would fill the bill of the biggest share of the crowd here. Pedestrian? S&W made a fortune with that model (and it's offspring) and it served police and military around the world.
Seems to be a .357 Magnum majority on this one, kind of suprised the 45 Colt or 45 ACP in Model 25s didn't make a dent, not suprised the 44 Spcl did (I need to get serious about one,,, maybe)

Reactions: DocZeus

·
Registered
21,149 Posts
Hard to make a choice. I've only got a few.....but each was bought for a specific purpose. I am tempted to choose my
M-66-1 2 1/2", my best S&W. The M-10-7 2" is nice to carry and shoot....the M-67 4" is a nice shooting range gun...... BUT, so is the M-17-4 6" K22. However, the M-36 2" is my usual carry gun, and I depend on it to save my bacon most of the time....SO, the M-36 gets the nod. Bob

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Bob, those are some MIGHTY nice looking grips - I understand your choice, but your model-66 would seem to be the most versatile, just sayin. . .

Hank

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
I'm glad most of you don't care for the round butt 3" barrel k frame 357 mags. If you happen to have one you don't want, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. :D

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
I'm glad most of you don't care for the round butt 3" barrel k frame 357 mags. If you happen to have one you don't want, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. :D
Whoa, hold on there pardner - I never said I didn't like the 3-inch model-65. In fact I had to go on GunBroker and ante up to get one - and it ain't for sale.

Hank

·
Premium Member
20,347 Posts
Whoa, you've called him out! I'll bet his wife will make him go to the LGS and buy a few more just to show you. Mrs. Triplelock is THE hoss in that remuda!

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Whoa, you've called him out! I'll bet his wife will make him go to the LGS and buy a few more just to show you. Mrs. Triplelock is THE hoss in that remuda!
My boss lets me pretty much buy whatever gun I want. She knows it will probably be a money maker some day. She almost left me over a $75 black powder shotgun 34 years ago. She saw me sell it for enough to buy our first washer and dryer a few months later. We had a baby on the way.But to be honest, I often wait until she is not home to bring in a "new investment".

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Only one........ Pick only one huh.

Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol 2003 Model 65
click image to enlarge....

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol Model 65 in concealed carry mode with T-Grip, Side Guard Quick Clip holster and speed strip with 125 gr. Golden Saber .357 rounds.

But if I could pick just one more.......

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun barrel 1977 Model 15

41 - 60 of 87 Posts