Smith And Wesson Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
If I could have one S&W revolver is would be lying on a BIG PILE of Rugers and Colts......The one "thing" ain't never ever go happen. It's just the OP fantasy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
By chance I looked at S&W 60-18 stainless 357 mag, 5” at the auction house yesterday when I picked up my 12ga lever gun. It was in perfect condition. Looked like it had never been shot. Keeping an eye on it. I’ve always loved the 686 6” version. That gun just fits my hand like a glove. 60-18 is just so damn tiny… compared to my massive X-Frames. Tiny little combat grips… idk how fun .357 mag would be to shoot out of it but I’m definitely watching.

Looks just like this one
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was going to say my model 66, I just picked up the 18-2 two day's ago.
So at this point I'm really loving the quality and accuracy of the 18.
The 357 would have to win out! So the 66.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's like saying, you can have a bag of potato chips, but it can only have one chip in it.

My small collection of S&W revolvers are all magnums, , from a RB 2-1/2" M66-1 to a 6" M29-2. If I could only have one of the eight I own, it would probably be the 6" M57.

But then, I really like my M27-2....

and my M58.....

and.......:p
My 27-2

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
I can shoot 50+ spicy rounds in my 460V X-frame, but I couldn't get through one cylinder full of .357 Mag in the J-frame M60. It is so small and light that the recoil caused the trigger guard to cut my trigger finger. The M60 was brutal!

By chance I looked at S&W 60-18 stainless 357 mag, 5” at the auction house yesterday when I picked up my 12ga lever gun. It was in perfect condition. Looked like it had never been shot. Keeping an eye on it. I’ve always loved the 686 6” version. That gun just fits my hand like a glove. 60-18 is just so damn tiny… compared to my massive X-Frames. Tiny little combat grips… idk how fun .357 mag would be to shoot out of it but I’m definitely watching.

Looks just like this one
View attachment 519300

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I can shoot 50+ spicy rounds in my 460V X-frame, but I couldn't get through one cylinder full of .357 Mag in the J-frame M60. It is so small and light that the recoil caused the trigger guard to cut my trigger finger. The M60 was brutal!
I shoot 3” 410 magnum buckshot from a 4-1/4” derringer. It can’t be worse than that. In all honesty, a gun that size would likely see more 38 special or light .357 loads. As a reloader, strength of the gun has more importance to me than shooting 357 from it, but I’m sure I’d do it.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
If I could only have one S&W Revolver, I would ask the S&W genie for three more wishes.

Reactions: M48a1
41 - 55 of 55 Posts