Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
One J, one K, one L and one N maybe, but JUST 1?????

Reason in the form of versatility and ammo availability argue in favor of the 4" 686 or 19, but I guess the 58 would my final answer...

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
My 29-2 in Nickel

Thewelshm

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
480 Posts
I guess since we can only have one in this scenario it would either be my 686-1 or 629-5 DX. I am guessing the apocalypse is happening so we can only carry one. I will leave the obvious choice for a rifle out. Probably my 686 because I can carry more ammunition
Wood Fixture Door Gas Gun accessory
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ain't gonna happen..........This type thread pops up all over the internet........Wasted bandwith.
NOBODY is EVER gonna have just one.........Silly post
And yet you felt compelled to troll it twice.

The purpose of the post is to help ME decide what to purchase next based on what other members favor. I don’t give a damn what you’ve seen in the past. It’s not for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I guess since we can only have one in this scenario it would either be my 686-1 or 629-5 DX. I am guessing the apocalypse is happening so we can only carry one. I will leave the obvious choice for a rifle out. Probably my 686 because I can carry more ammunition View attachment 518376 View attachment 518377
Thats a purdy piece. I really like that.

You just need a Henry to go with it and you’ll have your rifle too… I’ve got loads exceeding 2000 fps from mine. 20” barrel shows what that round can really do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
One J, one K, one L and one N maybe, but JUST 1?????

Reason in the form of versatility and ammo availability argue in favor of the 4" 686 or 19, but I guess the 58 would my final answer...
Model 58, that’s a .41 magnum right? I just loaded up like 2,000 rds of .41 for my Henry. That’s an interesting option.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
For nostalgic purposes, it would be the Model 58 I carried as a duty sidearm for 13 years.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Today for practical purposes it would be my Model 27 3 1/2"

Compact enough for concealment if needed, strong enough to handle hot loads, and accurate enough for all reasonable handgun distances.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
I would have to go with one of these
Revolver Trigger Wood Air gun Gun accessory

If limited to one, it would have to be the 3 inch, 686 Plus
Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun Sleeve

It small enough to carry, yet big enough to get decent velocity and handle recoil. 7 shots of 357 magnum will take care of most problems

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thats a purdy piece. I really like tha
You just need a Henry to go with it and you’ll have your rifle too… I’ve got loads exceeding 2000 fps from mine. 20” barrel shows what that round can really do.
I do not have a 357 lever action yet, but I do have a marlin 1894 in 44 mag that I love.

·
Registered
Only accurate guns are interesting. Unless they're a combat shotgun!
45 Posts
I have just a couple more Ruger SA to add to my collection before I start expanding my S&W collection. Those are going to be hard to find and outrageously expensive.

I prefer 6”-8” barrels. It’s just what I prefer. I can get the most out of the ammo with those lengths. I have both the 500 and 460 in 8”. The 500 is being sent off at the end of the month to be engraved.

This brings me to… If you could only have 1 S&W revolver, what would it be?
S&W 315 Night Guard without hesitation.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts