Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just a couple more Ruger SA to add to my collection before I start expanding my S&W collection. Those are going to be hard to find and outrageously expensive.

I prefer 6”-8” barrels. It’s just what I prefer. I can get the most out of the ammo with those lengths. I have both the 500 and 460 in 8”. The 500 is being sent off at the end of the month to be engraved.

This brings me to… If you could only have 1 S&W revolver, what would it be?

·
Registered
55 Posts
… If you could only have 1 S&W revolver, what would it be?
That's like saying, you can have a bag of potato chips, but it can only have one chip in it.

My small collection of S&W revolvers are all magnums, , from a RB 2-1/2" M66-1 to a 6" M29-2. If I could only have one of the eight I own, it would probably be the 6" M57.

But then, I really like my M27-2....

and my M58.....

and.......:p

·
Registered
Vigilant Curmudgeon
139 Posts
.41 Magnum Mountain Gun. SS. ( mod. 657 ) 1st choice

10 mm. / Mod. 610 SS. #2 choice.

Loaded up... hot handloads or loaded down to a shade over plinking loads , these could do almost all jobs needed by a sidearm .

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Like in “The Lord of the Rings”, S&W made one Revolver to rule them all. The Model 27.

·
Registered
23,369 Posts
Even though I have newer and more powerful, if this is only about ones I currently own, then it would be my dad's 1950 NYPD M&P. Otherwise, my 4" 66-2 is a good all arounder.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Any 3 inch 357 would be fine.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Tough choice...But it would have to be my 6" 686. IMHO the 357 is a great revolver and just about the mostest bestist for the job at hand...whatever it may be. I do however kinda wish it was a 4" instead of a 6'' then it would be better suited for CC.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts