Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems like a simple question. If you could buy any firearm that you wanted, that is not controlled by the BAFTE and current gun control laws, like the 1968 Gun Controls Act, what you you really like to own?

For me it's pretty easy.
I have always wanted a 1918 BAR, like the Browning BAR used in the WW2, except in Semi-auto configuration.

What would be your gun of choice?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Korth or Manhurin
in 357
Thewelshm

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I'm pretty much satisfied with my meager collection,but I am still holding out for a S&W 686 plus 3 .in.
Then I will be done, well maybe..

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
A bespoke Fabbri sidelock O/U built for live pigeon shooting; engraved by Fracassi or the folks at Creative Arts in Italy, about $100K................

GUNS TITANIO 01

a1d3112eac6b703aa04147f710f44bed.jpg

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Non NFA? Either a H&H 600 N.E. or an Alexander Arms Ulfbehrt . I'm saving for the latter, we'll see if I get there.

If a nickel Ladysmith target shows up, all bets are off.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
I must agree with a few of the earlier responses.. a BAR, but with no restrictions...full auto. :cool: A Thompson machine gun would also be high up on the list.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
In the same vein as Injunbro's post I have to admit that throughout my years on this forum my tastes in S&Ws have evolved and I have learned about models that I never knew existed. With the extremely generous "help" of this forum (and the other) I gained an appreciation for some fine revolvers and have been blessed to be able to acquire quite a few. My only true collector grade gun would be my recently purchased Third Model Perfected. Since I like to shoot my guns my pre 27, pre 29, Model 53, 22/32 HFT, and my Triple Locks are at the range regularly for myself and others to enjoy. Having the opportunity to own and shoot these guns makes it pretty tough to wish for more. But........

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
As long as it’s a dream, A Holland & Holland double rifle. Options to be determined. Chambered in one of the classic African hunting cartridges. Included would have to be an all expense paid trip to get fitted properly and an extra right handed stock so that when I pass on, my right handed son can enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts