Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figuring my Python to be the last gun purchase of the year , I went ahead and started getting ready for Winter. Filled the LP tank , had a load of new stone spread on the lane , had the furnace serviced , and bought new tires for the Nitro. I went to the LGS Saturday to donate for an officer injured on duty and what did I see in the used gun display? Only one of my Grail guns. A Lew Horton 624 in mint condition. Box and papers. I wonder why this always happens. The good stuff shows up when I used the money for something else.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
A new gun won't keep you warm in the winter, but propane and a functioning heating system will. Sounds like your money went where it really needed to go.

My philosophy has (mostly) always been that if I was meant to have it, it would have been there at the right time for me.

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
Credit Card; I always keep one or two for emergency purchases like this!

Reactions: Engineer1911

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Nice, but there'll be other guns. I wouldn't go into debt for one.

·
Super Moderator
35,582 Posts
Sounds touch but priorities in order in a good thing, we have been in similar situations at times...

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
Mine are paid off every month; get 3%+ back on everything as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My rule for gun buying has always been that if I didn't have cash to pay for it I didn't buy it. When I think back to some of the guns that I passed on and at the prices I'm not so sure that was the best idea. But then it's not like I have a shortage of guns so I guess it all worked out.
Now that I'm old I have the money and the damned covid and the politicians have caused there to be none available. Bastids!

·
Registered
21,320 Posts
You don't HAVE to get in over your head with a credit card. We use our credit cards a lot, but pay them off every month. It's real convenient to have for an emergency car repair, for when you need to buy something for a high cost. (Like new tires, a car repair ......like the new muffler on the RAV4 @ $500+, plus installation $135 o_O) You don't walk around with that kind of cash in your wallet! (My grandfather used to own a business, and he always had at least $1000 in his wallet. He used to walk everywhere, including the bad parts of Springfield. MA., and nobody ever bothered him. All he had with him is a sturdy cane.....not even a knife or gun!!!! ;) )

You just have to keep your finances in control......and don't be stupid. Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts