Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I throw my Xd 40 at the target it may hit and give me time to stab since it won’t

I have a huge issue with my S&W XD40 chambered in.40 and though I have had no issues shooting the gun it can’t be used because I Turned the slide clip raked the slide back To field strip and clean after I put 300 rounds threw it in a day then the slide famed with no tension on the spring and it’s locked so firmly into place it won’t slide back or forward.
I decided to strip it down part by part spring by spring and now it’s still locked and I can’t go any farther and am about to bounce it off the pavement.In my 39 years of toting guns around I have never seen such a jam happen,I have been hunting here in Vermont my home state since I was 11 and shooting guns since I was 5 so I know my guns but this issue is preposterous and o don’t want to ding my gun up or scratch it since it cost nearly $800 damn dollars.Im so at my white end with it.
I can disassemble and reassemble any gun on the planet but not this one.
Please here me gun gods and send help.
Any ideas on wtf I should do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I slid the slide back on The XD 40 and it stayed in the back position like it’s about to chamber a round but that’s where it stuck and is locked in that position

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I could have used better terminology but what I mean is that to field strip the gun to clean you must pull the slide back and lock it into position then you pull the mechanism on the right side of the gun as you’re holding it to the upwards position then you let the slide go forwards and pull the trigger and the slide just falls off nice and easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it was the guide ride or the spring that was the issue because the slide is pulled back but the spring has no tension on it and it should obviously have tension.
So I figured the jam happend there but as I took it apart as far as possible it allowed some wiggle room and It now seems like the gun is not Jamed in the spot I thought but rather at the back of the gun and mabie had something to do with the grip safety ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don’t get me wrong I love this gun more then any other semi auto modern pistol I have owned it’s a really good gun and I think it was just a weird random thing that happened when I pullEd the receiver back and mabie it was me that caused it though I don’t know for fact but it’s still an issue that’s bugging the hell out of me and there is nothing about it on YouTube past one single 48 second clip of someone else having the same issue so it’s rare

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess when it was made in Croatia it was accidentally a really well-made gun which is funny to me and I guess Smith and Wesson like it enough to slap their name on it and charge 700 bucks plus

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked it so much I gave up my clock 19 to have it and I’m glad I did because for me it’s a better gun though this little issue happened I think is a thing that won’t happen again but if it does I’ll just get another one because it really is a very nice shooting gun and feels awesome plus I love S&W,
At the moment I only have 3 pistols and there all S$W

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It is sold by springfield not smith and wesson and you should have better luck here

https://www.xdtalk.com/

It may be an issue wirh the striker. Ask at the link i gave you

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have no issues at all with my Springfield XD Mod2 subcompact. It's a great gun, really accurate and the spare mag holds 13 rounds of 45acp. What's not to like?

The Springfield is a natural pointer in my hand, unlike the Glock. I just can't get a natural feel when i hold a Glock in my hand, it's difficult for me to point it correctly and so I've really enjoyed the Springfield.

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
Pretty sure you have a Springfield Armory gun. They are made in Croatia and have a gun called the XD40. Smith & Wesson makes their guns in the USA and they are called M&P
Have you tried just pulling the trigger?

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
If it's a Springfield XD pistol, and not a S&W.

Find the Springfield gun forum and the guys there will tell you what the solutino is to your problem.
or, Go onto youtube and look up XD jammed slide and you should be able to find the cure pretty quickly. If not, and call to Springfied is in order.
I welcome you to the forum, and wish you well in this endeavor.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Is this a joke? Misspellings etc.............. I am having a hard time believing you have all the gun experience you claim. The round it is chambered in is .40S&W. Nothing to do with the manufacturer. Go to the XD website and I am sure they will help you with it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Is this a joke? Misspellings etc.............. I am having a hard time believing you have all the gun experience you claim. The round it is chambered in is .40S&W. Nothing to do with the manufacturer. Go to the XD website and I am sure they will help you with it. :rolleyes:
I have to admit. I felt foolish after posting a reply because it does sound like a spoof. :(

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
I guess a major drawback to naming a caliber after the company that developed it is that any pistol labeled with the caliber made by a company that can't put it's name prominently on the pistol gets mis-identified.

·
Banned
917 Posts
READ what you post. by "famed", do you mean JAMMED?

Your first post explanation is VERY confusing. Assume we know nothing, and carefully try again, editing your posts, so somebody might get an
inkling of what you are talking about. Use the correct words, and stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts