Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the pictured 686-8 Serial CUK7846 and was wondering the best place to find the date of manufacture and get an owners manual so the kit is more complete. Any help is appreciated. Chris PS The cat hair was not included...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
You can download an owners manual from the S&W corporate site.
As a cat keeper, that goes with the territory.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Delcross, I saw that option their website but me being me I was in search of the "real thing". I saw a few on eBay but wanted to be as model and date specific before I lay out that $10-$15 they're asking for. And yes, in this house, the pet hair sticks to everything but the pets...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
In that case, ebay. :)

Reactions: CVThorn

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
The best reference for manufacturing date (apart from getting a gun "Lettered" from the factory) is the "Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson" now in it's 4th edition. Look for it on Amazon.

These are superb revolvers. Your's will last a lifetime.

If I'm not mistaken, the same revolver instruction book is used with several models of S&W revolver.

Welcome to the forum, as well as the addiction. It's a really good one.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
Any more the owners manual is generic. The 686 comes with the "Double Action Revolver" instructions, the same as a model 60 comes with. There may have been model specific manuals at one time, but they have been gone for quite a while

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Welcome mate, shoot it in good health...

Thewelshm

Reactions: CVThorn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The one thing I've found since wandering into this world of shooters/sportsmen/enthusiasts (3 months ago) is that you folks are absolutely, without question, the nicest most considerate people I've ever encountered. In this forum, amongst my friends, and especially at the range, I don't think I've ever interacted with a more giving and polite community of human beings and I thank you very much for your consideration.

Chris

PS If only gun owners were portrayed more accurately in the wider world...

·
Premium Member
20,502 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Peanut capital of the world!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts