Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had an Ice storm yesterday and the driveway is a sheet of ice and the sidewalks and we have a lot of sidewalk in front of our house, 75' or so. My neighbors are out and scraping away at the ice. I clean away the snow but I'm not going out to scrape Ice. How do y'all deal with ice. I know by law we have to remove snow by 24 hrs after the storm but ice I'm not killing myself. Besides we don't live in the city of Gettysburg so not much foot traffic.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
Little ice melter (pink bag) does the job. We are in the same boat as you this morning but no sidewalk, just an icy driveway. Took the big black dog out for his morning water walk and was real careful about where I walked. Supposed to warm back up later in the week.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Rock Salt.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Since you are still posting, I assume you still have power. That always a problem with ice in my area. Ice melt/rock salt is the way to go, and just stay home until the roads are clear.

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Deal with it all the time where I live. Can't melt your whole yard, driveway, etc. Slip-on cleats of some kind (there are dozens of different kinds) are the most practical answer. I always keep one pair of boots with them permanently attached, because taking them on & off is a minor nuisance. (But not NEARLY as much of a nuisance as breaking my ankle because of a slip several yrs ago.)

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
SPF 20 today in FL :)

Thewelshm

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
Ice melt scattered widely BEFORE the ice storm works best. If not, it can still help and give a bit of grit for purchase.

Reactions: msharley
1 - 11 of 11 Posts