Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
The irony is is that he is a low-life lawyer who sues against cops...................

·
Registered
624 Posts
I heard the local Raleigh, NC TV Station report it last night. If I had not already heard about it and seen video I would have assumed the lawyer and his wife went to the protestor's house.

The media twisted the story to make it look like the big, bad gun owner assaulted the poor, innocent protestors who were minding their own business and on their way to their jobs.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
If that had been some bubbas house, the bodies would be piled deep

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
That situation would suck, However if you don't want to get shot DONT break into someone's community!

thewelshm

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
The way the man and his wife make their living has nothing to do with defending themselves in their home.

If the rioters broke down the gate and entered a fenced area (the media describes it as a fenced street), they would be on the curtilage of the home. In my state, if the crowd threatened you, you would be empowered to assume you were under lethal attack, and could respond in kind.

In Missouri, what is the castle doctrine?

Missouri Self-Defense Laws - FindLaw

Missouri Castle Doctrine
Missouri recognizes the "castle doctrine" and allows residents to use force against intruders, without the duty to retreat, based on the notion that your home is your "castle." This legal doctrine assumes that if an invader disrupts the sanctity of your home, they intend to do you harm and therefore you should be able to repel their advances.

Missouri's law is more extensive than the law in other states because it permits property owners to use the amount of force reasonably perceived as necessary, including deadly force.

However, case law suggests it does not go so far as permitting the use of deadly force to merely protect personal property. In 2016, the state Supreme Court held in State v. Whipple that deadly force under the castle doctrine can only be used when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to protect yourself or someone else from imminent harm.

SO.... I would have ordered them off the property, and not brandished weapons by pointing them at the invaders. The only way I would have raised the muzzles and pointed them at the invaders would have been to stop them.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
IMHO, those two were under-armed.
I'm cool with the husband's brandishing, the wife on the other hand... :eek:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'd say they were asking to get shot by standing in the open and pointing guns at the crowd.

They were lucky.

Reactions: Cruiser_Guy and ETF

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Eventually, a greenhair mob will eat lead. Either the rest of them all scurry back to mommy’s basement and quit the movement, or they escalate. I expect their masters plan on escalation. So, we play to win.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My browser won't play the video, but in the still shot I can see in the first post the guy at the far right edge of the picture sure looks like he's pointing an AR at the female homeowner holding the pistol. If so, the guy with the rifle is lucky the homeowners held their fire. I wouldn't stand there armed and watch someone pointing a gun at my wife like that.
But I can't tell for sure - it also looks like it might be a microphone of some kind.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Never claimed to be; the facts were in the article; but thanks, yet AGAIN, for another childish insult on your part.

Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil
1 - 20 of 40 Posts