Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from the shooting hobby for about 15 years, due to a back injury that just made a mess of me - however things have gotten much better (the difference a GOOD physical therapist can make is so big.) After having to sell my old firearms, to keep a roof over my head, one by one, til well, the roof money ran out and I ended up homeless and gunless. But since things are improving, and I have grown to really miss shooting revolvers, I have started pouring over my options. I was rather shocked to see how few firearms are being made blued, as compared to about 30+ years ago - everything is stainless, and not even polished stainless. Not that I dislike a good matte stainless steel finish mind you, it's just that I guess I am missing the 28's and 586's I once had, and that beautiful - almost want to make them safe queens, but toooo awesome not to put rounds through - blue is just calling to me!

But with the n-frames now capable of holding 8 rounds, man - I would love to see that blued performance center Model 28 get a modern cylinder. Hell, the 586 too, with a 7 round cylinder. Hell, a polished stainless model with those classic design of both would be the 3rd and fourth I grab. (Though at least the 686 does have a polished model though it doesn't seem to be um, legal in Massachusetts, so ... sigh.

Still, one can dream, and this is a wish list forum, so I can still dream of that beautiful blued model 28 with the long barrel and 8 rounds of .357/38-Special +p fun.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I bought my first 8 shot because it was local and priced right. I didn't expect much being a stainless gun with the dreaded lock but it has become one of my favorites. In no way does it have the look and feel of my early blued guns but it is scary accurate and moon clips make it very easy to shoot.......a lot. It sure surprised my how quickly this gun won me over.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts