Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish S&W would not build pistols with locks.

Any chance of my wish coming true before this happens?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Not according to the Hierarchy.....

Every day that goes by and locks are included creates negative momentum.... the Lawyers are now loathe to STOP production of "safer" guns due to the liability (or perception of same) regardless of what a vocal percentage of the market says....

Doesn't look good for the Ignition Switch to go away anytime soon.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
wish for a smooth four lb. trigger pull while you are at it, but don't hold your breath

·
Registered
19,905 Posts
Considering that they are owned by the lock company.......I doubt it!!! It's funny, I have a lock on my Walther P22, but I don't use it. Doesn't bother me a bit. However.....I can't stand the sight of them on a revolver. :eek: Bob K

·
Registered
215 Posts
The lock free 642 and 442 are in the regular catalog.

S&W CAN, and is producing lock free revolvers. They should give us the choice of lock or lock free. As long as they are selling the wind up revolvers, they could care less.

No matter there are plenty of lock free S&W's available, some LNIB! Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think .45 Caliber locks are better than 9mm locks.

David

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Not according to the Hierarchy.....

Every day that goes by and locks are included creates negative momentum.... the Lawyers are now loathe to STOP production of "safer" guns due to the liability (or perception of same) regardless of what a vocal percentage of the market says....

Doesn't look good for the Ignition Switch to go away anytime soon.
You know what they say about lawyers..............."If it wasn't for lawyers, there wouldn't be any need for lawyers." As a profession, I think there is probably too many of them (and my best friend of 44 yrs. is a lawyer :ymsigh: ).

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
A mountain of a guy walks into a bar and yells "All lawyers are ********"
A little guy at the end of the bar says " I resent that"
The big guy asks "Are you a lawyer?"
The little guy says "No, I am an *******"

G

·
0 Posts
I don't use the lock, and I don't pay any attention to it. It just doesn't bother me. The mim trigger and hammer don't even bother me. There is no evidence that they are inferior, when they are done by S&W.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking a my copy of The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, and one model has a Kelton thumb safety lever, and they speak of the Murabito safety in the glossary. Couldn't someone just install a small thumb lever? Or would that be an even bigger eyesore? A lever would be safer if the lock decided to engage at a more critical time, not as safe as no lock when mr. bear's PO'd. Just an idea.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
ramblerturbo said:
I'm looking a my copy of The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, and one model has a Kelton thumb safety lever, and they speak of the Murabito safety in the glossary. Couldn't someone just install a small thumb lever? Or would that be an even bigger eyesore? A lever would be safer if the lock decided to engage at a more critical time, not as safe as no lock when mr. bear's PO'd. Just an idea.
A few years ago I bought this Magna Ported Model 696 DAO 44 Special with a Murabito Safety. I thought that it was neat but I was never sure that I would remember to unlatch it were the **** to hit the fan. I let it go but it was a great shooting little gun.

fovn;;pmo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts