Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
While I really do like the guns, I think you’ll have to count me out – I’m not keen on sleeping out on the open prairie on the hard ground with a saddle for a pillow. Nope, I need a bed with a mattress, and a room with air conditioning in the warmer weather, or heating in the cooler weather. And a horse doesn’t come with air conditioning, power steering, stereo, or even doors/windows/roof . . . My idea of roughing it’s a black-and-white television back at the hotel room. And, I'm not even going to discuss the toilet and/or bathing facilities . . .

·
Registered
20,897 Posts
I'm with you, but I got a Winchester 94 in .30-30, and a S&W M-67 4" in .38 Spl., in a black Triple K holster, with a black 1 1/2" belt. I also like to wear my 'rain hat' ....a flat brimmed Stetson, my old jeans, a flannel shirt, and my black 'Chuka boots'. Guess I'm not a 'flat lander'.....the mountains are a few miles away....but I live in the 'foot hills'. I haven't got 'the guts' to wear all of my 'outfit' around here.......but I can wear the clothes.......but not the 'hardwear'!!!! :grin::roll: Bob

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
I'm pretty fond of my lever guns too, BLR.308, Henry .22WRM & .45 Winchester 94 Trapper. We call the sideloaders Cowboy Assault Rifles, you can top off the magazine w/out taking them out of action & w/ a bit of practice stay on target.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Hey Law,

Swell looking rifle!

See you are "Both Feet In"! :D

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Yesiree, I'm a lever gun fan..........22LR, .22WMR, 250-3000, .270 Win, 30-30, ,308, 30-06, .357, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt......I like single actions too, although I primarily shoot DA's........I especially like "Companion sets" (same caliber long & short gun sets).

Yep, cowboy guns have a mystique that many us us appreciate and relate too (to varying levels of "The Real McCoy").

UbertiMarlin32-20_02.JPG

Winchester94's-30-30&44Mag-WinchesterKnife_01.jpg

BrowningBL22S&W63-0GreatWestArms_02.JPG

Winchester1895-270_02.JPG

Ya can never have enough lever guns, saddle guns, cowboy assault rifles........

·
Registered
398 Posts
I wanna be a cowboy also but I do it on the cheap. I have a Henry 22 lever action and a Single Six along with a Rough Rider. I also sometimes want to be a soldier and have a Ria 1911 in 9mm, an AR15 and a 22 caliber fake AK47.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Short tale of being a cowboy........

Once upon a time, I was jerkin' a short string of pack mules into a wilderness camp and
met this 20 something gal hiking on the trail going out. She ask in the sweetest lit'l voice,
"Are you a Cowboy?" I reply that I had cowboy'd some, but right now I am a Packer." ;-))

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
A weather-beaten man in a battered cowboy hat was sitting @ the bar when a cute young lady came & sat on the next stool. "Are you real cowboy? she asked.
"Well, I fix fence, tend cattle, brand, castrate, pull calves... I guess I am" he replies, "What are you?"
"I'm a lesbian" she said.
"A who???" the cowboy asked.
"A lesbian, all I think about is women... day, night, awake, @ work & I dream about them @ night."
The cowboy pondered that for a while & the young lady left. An old lady took her seat. "Are you a real cowboy? she asked.
"Well, I always thought so but I just discovered I'm a lesbian" he replied.

For the record I ain't a cowboy - I just found the hat, vest, boots & guns... & ain't touched the calf puller in the barn in a while.

·
Registered
20,897 Posts
I got a question for ya' Iggy. How come I always see (in the movies, mainly) Cowboys wearin' leather vests......even in the hot summer???? I wear a T shirt, to keep cooler.

I read the 'Bunkie' piece, and it was just as I figured. Lonesome, dirty, and just hard work! Not the glorious, ranch life on 'Bonanza'....at all! ;) Bob

1 - 20 of 39 Posts