Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
While I really do like the guns, I think you’ll have to count me out – I’m not keen on sleeping out on the open prairie on the hard ground with a saddle for a pillow. Nope, I need a bed with a mattress, and a room with air conditioning in the warmer weather, or heating in the cooler weather. And a horse doesn’t come with air conditioning, power steering, stereo, or even doors/windows/roof . . . My idea of roughing it’s a black-and-white television back at the hotel room. And, I'm not even going to discuss the toilet and/or bathing facilities . . .

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
I'm with you, but I got a Winchester 94 in .30-30, and a S&W M-67 4" in .38 Spl., in a black Triple K holster, with a black 1 1/2" belt. I also like to wear my 'rain hat' ....a flat brimmed Stetson, my old jeans, a flannel shirt, and my black 'Chuka boots'. Guess I'm not a 'flat lander'.....the mountains are a few miles away....but I live in the 'foot hills'. I haven't got 'the guts' to wear all of my 'outfit' around here.......but I can wear the clothes.......but not the 'hardwear'!!!! :grin::roll: Bob

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Hey Law,

Swell looking rifle!

See you are "Both Feet In"! :D

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Yesiree, I'm a lever gun fan..........22LR, .22WMR, 250-3000, .270 Win, 30-30, ,308, 30-06, .357, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt......I like single actions too, although I primarily shoot DA's........I especially like "Companion sets" (same caliber long & short gun sets).

Yep, cowboy guns have a mystique that many us us appreciate and relate too (to varying levels of "The Real McCoy").

UbertiMarlin32-20_02.JPG

Winchester94's-30-30&44Mag-WinchesterKnife_01.jpg

BrowningBL22S&W63-0GreatWestArms_02.JPG

Winchester1895-270_02.JPG

Ya can never have enough lever guns, saddle guns, cowboy assault rifles........

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wanna be a cowboy also but I do it on the cheap. I have a Henry 22 lever action and a Single Six along with a Rough Rider. I also sometimes want to be a soldier and have a Ria 1911 in 9mm, an AR15 and a 22 caliber fake AK47.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Short tale of being a cowboy........

Once upon a time, I was jerkin' a short string of pack mules into a wilderness camp and
met this 20 something gal hiking on the trail going out. She ask in the sweetest lit'l voice,
"Are you a Cowboy?" I reply that I had cowboy'd some, but right now I am a Packer." ;-))

·
Registered
1,732 Posts

Been there, done that. Din't even get a T-shrt.

A Cowboy's Prayer

Boys, I've dealt in some might fine horseflesh over the years.....

And I'll have to say, that Iggy is sure nuff mounted on a dandy one in that picture right thar for sure !!!

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
A weather-beaten man in a battered cowboy hat was sitting @ the bar when a cute young lady came & sat on the next stool. "Are you real cowboy? she asked.
"Well, I fix fence, tend cattle, brand, castrate, pull calves... I guess I am" he replies, "What are you?"
"I'm a lesbian" she said.
"A who???" the cowboy asked.
"A lesbian, all I think about is women... day, night, awake, @ work & I dream about them @ night."
The cowboy pondered that for a while & the young lady left. An old lady took her seat. "Are you a real cowboy? she asked.
"Well, I always thought so but I just discovered I'm a lesbian" he replied.

For the record I ain't a cowboy - I just found the hat, vest, boots & guns... & ain't touched the calf puller in the barn in a while.

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
I got a question for ya' Iggy. How come I always see (in the movies, mainly) Cowboys wearin' leather vests......even in the hot summer???? I wear a T shirt, to keep cooler.

I read the 'Bunkie' piece, and it was just as I figured. Lonesome, dirty, and just hard work! Not the glorious, ranch life on 'Bonanza'....at all! ;) Bob

·
Registered
615 Posts
I do know years ago and in the West people would wear long sleeve shirts to keep the sun off. Seems they were smarter at taking care of their selves than we are today.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts