Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time today at the LGS, and have come to the conclusion that it's a good time for one of these:

These are SIG MCX 5.56mm Rattler "PSB" pistols with an arm brace. They are a piston gun with the recoil spring above the bolt in the receiver. They also fold to 16 inches for transport and firing. In close quarters, or if ever required to break out of a bad situation, I expect it will be quite useful.

Believe it or not, these are concealable pistols under a jacket or coat, hung from a sling.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I like this idea. One under each arm under your coat or vest.

Should be a riot stopper.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
13,457 Posts
I like this idea. One under each arm under your coat or vest.

Should be a riot stopper.
Or a riot starter depending on how you look at it.

·
Registered
13,457 Posts
At the rate things are going, you may be correct!

Maybe in Texas Wendy, but here just another tranquil day in farm country.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Maybe in Texas Wendy, but here just another tranquil day in farm country.
LOL! Try not to act superior.

It may take longer to get to you........but it's coming.

:D

Reactions: 1stgensmith39-2

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I'm considering a 5.56 pistol too, but want to build my own. A friend was by with his custom build and I really liked the features it had.

But it's going to be pretty expensive, and getting parts right now could be challenging.

·
Registered
22,175 Posts
Compact, easy to conceal and packs a punch....what's NOT to like!? Good luck with your quest. Keep us up to date on what you get.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You mean like this?

Don't worry about the brace as its an SBR. Little thingy on the end takes care of the noise.

One thing to keep in mind about the Rattler, you are not supposed to suppress the .556 as the flash hider is blind pinned and Sig advises against modifying it.

Its a tack driver. I qualified with mine on the rifle course at 100 yards and it is extremely accurate.

·
Premium Member
10,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I do decide to suppress it, I'll get the .300 Blackout barrel system for it. I wasn't planning on modifying the existing 5.56 configuration.

And... if ATF does make me remove the stabilizing brace, it will probably be tax stamp time.

Do you know if the pistol configuration can have the forward grip under the barrel?

Also, what carry system (backpack bag system) would be recommended?

Thanks for your photo...

·
Registered
767 Posts
If I do decide to suppress it, I'll get the .300 Blackout barrel system for it. I wasn't planning on modifying the existing 5.56 configuration.

And... if ATF does make me remove the stabilizing brace, it will probably be tax stamp time.

Do you know if the pistol configuration can have the forward grip under the barrel?

Also, what carry system (backpack bag system) would be recommended?

Thanks for your photo...

Putting a forward grip on the pistol is a NFA violation, it actually makes it an "AOW" (any other weapon) which requires a $5 tax stamp, but same application process and wait.

I have a Vertx Gamut back pack that I use. It works for the Rattler and for a 10.5 inch AR SBR with a folding stock.

My pack is what the Rattler magazine is resting on. Not cheap, but high quality and well worth the price.

·
Premium Member
10,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know the brand / model of the pack?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts