Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Cowboy Action Shoot of the season is scheduled for Mother's Day (if the skirmish field we use isn't still waterlogged like it is now). I needed to reload some .44 Special rounds. I had 1000 Meister 205 gr round nose/flat point bullets, 1500 CCI primers, a pound of Bullseye, and an unknown amount of previously fired cases.

I set up my Lee Progressive 1000 and got to work. I took a break for a shower and while more brass was cleaned in my tumbler, I drove to the local theatre and laughed myself silly watching "I Love You, Man" before returning home. I finished up before my wife got home from work and our daughter got home from school.

I loaded exactly 800 rounds before I ran out of cases. I still have more powder and primers and bullets. 800 should be just fine for about the whole season. I have to work some of the weekends of the Cowboy Shoots and I may fire some .44-40 and .45 Schofield rounds I already have during the course of the year.

I do like the feeling of having those 800 rounds....

-Steve

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh boy! I just found anothe 100 or so cases from the last Cowboy Shoot so I can load up another bunch 'o' rounds today! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts