Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by my favorite lgs today, minding my own business with no intention of spending money. Well, it turns out he had something he thought I might be interested in. He handed me a Colt Government model in 38 Super. To be honest, if it was just a Government model in 45 I would have passed. But, in 38 Super.. well, that's another thing entirely. He gave me a good deal on it so it went home with me. Once home, I researched and found it was manufactured in 1999; so 20 years old. Sure doesn't look like it.

Anyway, here's a couple of quick pics.

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Shoot it in good health mate..

thewelshm

·
Registered
68 Posts
"I went by my favorite lgs today, minding my own business with no intention of spending money." What a big fat LIE. HAHAHAHAHAH.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I love shooting my 38 Super, or "Super 38" as it says on it. Mine belonged to my Dad, and was parts gun my local gunsmith thinks may have been an officer's competition gun. He said the slide and frame are from different years and it has a newer match grade barrel & bushing in it. It was ugly as sin, but shoots great. Some 30 years ago I had him install better sights and tune it up a bit and had it re-finished, (it's staying with the family). When I first got it, my Mom could outshoot me with it!

It's the gun that got me started in reloading, because 38 super was extremely hard to find around here in the early 90's. You're going to love that thing! Congratulations!

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went by my favorite lgs today, minding my own business with no intention of spending money. Well, it turns out he had something he thought I might be interested in. He handed me a Colt Government model in 38 Super. To be honest, if it was just a Government model in 45 I would have passed. But, in 38 Super.. well, that's another thing entirely. He gave me a good deal on it so it went home with me. Once home, I researched and found it was manufactured in 1999; so 20 years old. Sure doesn't look like it.

Anyway, here's a couple of quick pics.

******nice Enhanced Model****

·
Administrator
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was wondering if anyone else would pick up on that. I too believe it's an enhanced model. Going by the date of manufacture, I believe it's one of the last of them too. I'm not an expert though so I could be way off base.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts