Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One nickel plated gun that is. It’s a model 10-7, round butt with 2 inch barrel and magnas numbered to the gun. Serial number makes it a 1981, the year I graduated from high school. It has a pinned barrel, though those were discontinued sometime in 81. I have had it for maybe 2 years and had it to the range twice. It shoots great and apparently doesn’t know its a snub nose because it shoots like a big gun
55B88521-8FBE-4162-9BF6-D944FC193DAB.jpeg
E3CEEEA6-B320-42B6-A2D4-88B525DB2204.jpeg

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Good looking gun.. My wife carried one of those as her duty sidearm back about 45 years ago.. It still does duty on the nightstand by her bed.
I wouldn't want to be between her and a bad guy if the stuff hit the fan.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
I like the way Nickel looks but just too hard to keep clean. That one is great looking and a nice carry. For some reason you might have to get a Nickel mate

·
Registered
11,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always told Curt that I didn't think I would ever get a nickel gun. I like the looks, but if the nickel starts flaking they look bad and there isn't much you can do about it. When I saw this one I really checked it over well for flaws or damage to the finish and found it was fine. I figure I am competent enough to keep it looking good under my watch and at just under $450 out the door how could I resist

·
Registered
689 Posts
the 29-3 I bought new in the very early 80's and the finish is still like new, very little wear, it has had a lot more .44 special than magnum rounds but still, it really held up well.

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
You may only have a nickle, but buddy, can you spare a dime? (nice collections...)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts