Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for my new Colt Commander. The factory 8 rounders look and work great, but I want some replacements that work well and can stand some abuse (for training drills and such.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
+1 on catdad's recomendation... get the steel bases, they eject easier and they don't break like the plastic ones. Be advised, they are a little pricey. :?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Cush good talking earlier.

I agree the Wilson and as I mentioned too the Chip McCormick Power Mags. These work very well in all my 1911's.

:mrgreen:

G

·
0 Posts
Wilson, ~ pretty much sums it up...
Ever seen one of my Colts have a mag problemo? :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Chip McCormick , mine have worked well for years
Have never left them fully loaded for an extended period though

·
Registered
90 Posts
At the Sept 2008 gun show in Marlboro MA I bought mil surp 7rd steel 1911 mags for cheaper than cheap (3 for $24 in the wrappers, made in 2008). They work flawlessly in my Colt 1911 that I bought at that same show. I imagine that they will work just fine in my S&W 1911 as well. I use Cobra (Virgil Tripp) and Wilson 47D mags in my S&W 1911.

I'll assume whoever was selling them at the MA show probably also does the NH (and maybe ME) shows as well. No idea who I bought them from.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Worth noting:

The mags I referred to above are claimed not to be true mil-spec mags. Here's what they look like (you need to be registered on site to see the pics, sorry):

http://newforum.m1911.org/showpost.php? ... tcount=128

And here's the info that claims them to not be mil-spec:

http://newforum.m1911.org/showpost.php? ... stcount=76

Regardless, they don't feel tinny and the do work flawlessly. I'll stick with Virgil Tripp's mags for CCW, but these work great as range mags and at $8 each, if they don't last forever I won't shed any tears.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I'm siding with the majority opinion - Wilson magazines have worked well for me. Haven't tried the McCormick product, mostly because Colt factory and Wilson magazines have never let me down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had good luck with the factory, Colt magazines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts