Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited this revolver from my late grandfather. I’ve done various research looking to identify it but it seems I have came up short. No numbers listed except for a 5 digit number under the barrel and handle. It is chambered in 22lr and has a four inch barrel. The gun is in rough condition just looking to learn more about it. I will attach pictures. The gun is engraved. Not sure if that’s the way it came or something someone else did. Thanks everyone
Blue Wood Gas Household hardware Cylinder
Gesture Wood Electric blue Human leg Thumb
Revolver Blue Trigger Air gun Material property
Revolver Blue Product Sleeve Gun accessory

· Registered
411 Posts
It should be a good shooter. Clean it up and use it. Nothing you do to it now will hurt it's value any more than it's already been hurt.

· Registered
957 Posts
Welcome Andy. Glad to have you here with us!
You have a nice heirloom there, to remember your grandfather by. Look it over, clean the bore, and if the lock up, and timing are good, and it probably is, it should be a good shooter. Since its right at the edge of the corrosive era, the bore maybe a bit rough, if it was not properly cleaned.
Take it out and give it some range time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.