1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My primary carry guns are one or the other of these J frames
Revolver Wood Bullet Air gun Trigger

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

I have used. Blackhawk cloth pocket holster since I started pocket carrying in 2014. It has always been ok, but I noticed on the last couple range trips that it now wants to come out of my pocket with the gun more often than not
Musical instrument Wood Musical instrument accessory Fashion accessory Hardwood

Wood Strap Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Leather

This is the second one of these I’ve worn out, but 3 to 4 years for a $10-12 holster that sees daily use isn’t too bad at all. I’d like to try a different one this time. Let me know what J frame pocket holster you like, and tell me why you like it. I am open to cloth, suede or leather but probably not kydex. Would like to keep it under $40

·
Registered
415 Posts
I carry a 640P in a Desantis Nemesis holster. It works great for me. It is slick on the inside and tacky on on the outside. It ALWAYS stays in the pocket. A speed loader fits nicely in the watch pocket of my jeans and doesn't interfere with my draw. My holster also fits the Glock 42 that I carry when my pockets aren't as roomy.

They are $20-$25 on Amazon.

Beach Gas Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Road surface

When I choose to carry my 13-2 or 43X IWB it easily switches sides and serves as a bug.

Bicycle part Metal Fashion accessory Carbon Composite material

It's not as pretty as a more expensive leather holster but it sure does work.

·
Registered
black powder shooter
4,419 Posts
i have used a mika for years- has held up quite well. mine was sized to a bodyguard but I've used several different styles in it.

good customer service and a small business.. made one at a time to your needs. very protective of the guns finish .. stays in the pocket and easy to reholster

Collar Tints and shades Collar Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used to use that same holster, but besides coming out with the revolver after a period of time, also noticed it didn't position the revolver in the pocket as I wanted. It was too narrow for the pocket. I ended up going with the Galco leather (horsehide?) holster which has worked out very well. Maintains the revolver upright, stays in the pocket on the draw and distributes the weight of my J Frames (442 & 36) better than the narrow synthetic holsters. The Galco holster I have is 5 &1/2 " wide.

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
A friend picked up several pocket holsters at a swap meet a couple of years back and gave them to me. I liked this one, Azula, Made in South Africa. I had never heard of the company before, but the holster works well. I also have a couple of Galco and Desantis examples available too, you can't go wrong with either of those brands.

Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Everyday carry

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
DeSantis Nemesis when I pocket carry my snubby. That's usually a cold weather practice on my part. Quicker than digging for my primary carry under a coat and sweater.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I carry a 640P in a Desantis Nemesis holster. It works great for me. It is slick on the inside and tacky on on the outside. It ALWAYS stays in the pocket. A speed loader fits nicely in the watch pocket of my jeans and doesn't interfere with my draw. My holster also fits the Glock 42 that I carry when my pockets aren't as roomy.

View attachment 568885

When I choose to carry my 13-2 or 43X IWB it easily switches sides and serves as a bug.

View attachment 568884

Great little holster. DeSantis now has an improved version of the Nemesis called the Super Fly. It’s even more sticky! I carry a snubby Smith in mine. I always order direct from DeSantis.

·
Registered
40,824 Posts

View attachment 568885

View attachment 568884

Another vote for the DeSantis holster; works great with my 642

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the DeSantis Nemesis on Monday. I’ve had it with my 638 in my pocket since I got it and have done quite a few practice draws. I really like it. It not only stays in my pocket , but also barely even moves on the draw or as move around throughout the day
Wood Bicycle saddle Electric blue Fashion accessory Leather

1 - 16 of 16 Posts