Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hesitate to admit that I bought this item, but I have found it to be a surprisingly helpful tool in my dry fire practice, and it's revealed some bad habits already. My daughter found it helpful too, and it just makes the practice more fun.

Time will tell how the switch holds up from being hit by the striker, but here's the deal.

The iTarget Pro. It's just a plastic target stand that has a sliding rod that holds your phone (Android or Apple) a foot away - facing the target. You adjust it so the camera sees only the target and nothing else. Download the free software and match the outer ring of the paper target to the image on the phone screen. Tell it how many feet away you'll be.

Now - install the laser cartridge in the barrel. It has a switch that turns on a red laser for a second when you press the trigger and fire your gun. The switch is the primer basically. I got 9mm so can use six different guns in my safe. You aim at the paper target and when your phone sees the laser dot appear it creates a bullet impact image on the phone screen target. When done you can download and save the target. It's revealing to see the what you're doing with no recoil to blame, and can also help site in scopes and red dots without using ammo.

Anyway, laugh if you want but it's pouring rain for the fifth day and I'm "shooting 9mm" in the house. ( I hope the link doesn't break some rule. No affiliation)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I thought seriously about trying those.....just “never pulled the trigger” (pun in tended)) ! ;) memtb

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
I recently bought a Mantis X training device both for honing my skills and for teaching.

It is an outstanding tool, and reasonably prices for the results...

Works for both dry fire and at the range. The device is a 3 axis accelerometer with a BlueTooth connection to your phone or tablet, and a very sophisticated app for training.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
I bought an early version of this product 10 years ago as a gift to my son and his wife. It was fun and can help as a practice tool. The downside is you had to have a DA semi or a Revolver with each chamber loaded with a smart pellet. I'm sure that's all been remedied with newer versions. Come to think of it, I might ask my son what he did with his, I might want to mess around with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts