Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
AR15 sport. 22 sport compact . M&P 15/22.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine last week. Probably put 200 rds thru it already, just playing. It came with those magpul pop up hard sights. I had an old crimson trace red dot, so tossed that on. Scarey accurate.
Im still trying to figure out what ammo it likes best. I called smith and wesson, they said use CCI tactical 40 grain. Got a bunch on order. Probably have 4 other makes laying around from other companies.
But here's my real question. What actual parts from like magpul, and other companies will swap out/fit on this 22 format? I'd like to change the buttstock, and handle to something nicer.
Tks for all info/;advice in advance.
Steve

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Front hand guard is proprietary. It can be changed but is a little involved. Check it out on You Tube. The rest swaps out easily. A mil-spec butt stock will fit as do most hand grips. I believe the safety, bolt release, and trigger are interchangeable

· Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,322 Posts
I bought my S&W Model 15-22 back in June, 2011. No problems with 3000+ rounds. Great rifle with good bang for your money.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Shotgun

Bicycle handlebar Air gun Plant Trigger Shotgun

Bicycle handlebar Air gun Machine gun Trigger Sports equipment

I say the best newer semi-automatic rifle every made: Rounds on target great, easy cleaning, easy sight location, and more.

· Registered
684 Posts
This is from an old manual. Ones to avoid. They list ones they recommend too, I did not paste them.

Through our testing, Smith & Wesson has also found that there are several brands and types of .22LR ammunition that do not perform consistently or reliably. Consequently, Smith & Wesson DOES NOT RECOMMEND that the following brands or types of .22LR ammunition be used in your M&P15-22 rifle: • Remington Golden Bullet • Remington Thunderbolt • Remington Target 22 • Winchester Wildcat • Any and all sub-sonic brands and types

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.