Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very happy with the results. These are made here in Missouri. The wood is Missouri Black Walnut. They fit my large hands better than the plastic Ruger grips. Can't wait to take them to the range. These are great shooting guns....that just got better.

Bob

·
Administrator
8,453 Posts
Very nice looking grips! And, I bet they feel great too..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks! I sure enjoyed shooting the 4 5/8" gun the night before last. The grips sure do help!

Bob

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
that is a beautiful, very classy set-up you've got there!

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
If I bought grips as pretty as those.......I sure wouldn't take them out of the safe!!! :shock: My wooden grips are more run-of-the-mill, but nice. I always change them to rubber Pachs, whenever I shoot. ;) Bob

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Those are some handsome walnut stocks! Skeeter would be proud, he loved fancy walnut. Looks like you've got 'em set up for right and left handed holsters the way the screws are set.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys...each time I take them out of the safe, I like them better. I prefer an oil finish to a high-gloss or some of the more "modern" polyurethane/plastic coatings.

I will shoot with these grips as they fit well and are not "bank-breakers" at only $44/set. I do shoot Pachs on most of my S&Ws and on my SBH, I use a set of Houge rubber grips that really do tame the gun while deer hunting...or while doing range work.

I'm not a big fan of the way Houge grips attach to the gun's frame...at the butt...thus I've shy'd away from them for most of my guns.

These Bear Paw grips offer enough extra girth to be fine for range work.

I'm sending the 5.5" Ruger in for a Bob Munden action job...should make that gun a real *****-cat to shoot...and hunt with!

Bob

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You're gonna love how that Special is gonna feel after Munden is done with it. He made my Cimarron 1872 turn from a frog into a prince! Just be patient. Perfection takes time....

·
Registered
829 Posts
Them are some of the nicest wood I've seen in quite awhile.

lgnngp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts