Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...with a couple of questions that I need help with. It is a Mauser HSc (.380) with a serial # 01.224XX.
1) I'd like to narrow down its age a little closer if I can. My guess is around 1970, mas o menos.
2) It looks like it may have been refinished, but I'm not sure. One indicator is that there is a small nick near the front of the slide on the right side. It looks like a brushed/satin finish that I don't remember seeing before.
3) Above the name Mauser it is stamped "Original," Any idea the reason for it or who may have added that?
Any help I can get with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
20200503_060148.jpg 20200503_060220.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Premium Member
10,792 Posts
Your HsC was manufactured by the post war Mauser company which was formed in Oberndorf and at the same property that housed Mauser up to the end of WW-II.

The post war Mauser company was active from the late 1960's to the 1990's, making a number of classic handguns (including the HsC and Luger) as well as rifles. These were generally imported to the USA from Interarms, but some were sold in Europe on military bases, and will have German proof marks, and no Interarms banner.

The finish is brushed chrome, and likely original.

Reactions: 5150 and blazermark

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your HsC was manufactured by the post war Mauser company which was formed in Oberndorf and at the same property that housed Mauser up to the end of WW-II.

The post war Mauser company was active from the late 1960's to the 1990's, making a number of classic handguns (including the HsC and Luger) as well as rifles. These were generally imported to the USA from Interarms, but some were sold in Europe on military bases, and will have German proof marks, and no Interarms banner.

The finish is brushed chrome, and likely original.
I was also wondering why the word "original" was stamped above "Mauser" and if it was even necessary to do that. Also, if it is brushed chrome, it appears to this untrained eye (mine) to be a pretty thin coating. Thanx for getting back to me.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

·
Registered
283 Posts
IIRC there were also some post war French made Mauser HScs.

My German Postwar Mauser HSc also has "Original" in script above the Mauser Banner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts