Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this really unique wood box that has a metal plate on the top that says “Flower City Pistol League Rochester New York “. I can’t find out anything regarding this Pistol League? Does anyone know anything about the League?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Pistol Leagues were very popular in the 1940 and 1950s. Like bowling leagues the popped up all over the country. Mostly Bulls-Eye shooting. Area leagues would compete against each other in teams or in individual competitions . Mostly indoor ranges simular to bowling alleys. . it was great fun. But gun control , indoor lead abatement problems spelled the death to the Pistol Leagues just like they did to the high school Shooting Teams

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pistol Leagues were very popular in the 1940 and 1950s. Like bowling leagues the popped up all over the country. Mostly Bulls-Eye shooting. Area leagues would compete against each other in teams or in individual competitions . Mostly indoor ranges simular to bowling alleys. . it was great fun. But gun control , indoor lead abatement problems spelled the death to the Pistol Leagues just like they did to the high school Shooting Teams
Thank you very much for your information. 👍

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have found out that it is called a Bullseye Box like you mentioned. I just can’t believe that I can’t find any historical information regarding the Flower City Pistol League?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts