Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not THAT kind of lucky! ;)

I mean I found a Savage 23C, .32-20 in very, very nice condition. However, it came with an after market magazine. Bummer. Anyway, what I want is an original magazine. I want it so bad I can taste it.

It would be for the early model - prior to serial number 204,000 or there about. It sorta looks like a cheese grater, if you know what I mean.

Anybody out there have one or a lead on one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
You Dog..... I love those guns..... First ya get the girls then you take the good guns..... :p

Is the leading edge of the magazine rounded or squared off?

The price will make me bleed from my ear holes, but I think I know who might have one....

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drew,

I'm not sure if it is a "true" reproduction or not, this thing is after market and probably made by Triple-K. The leading edge (bottom) is rounded. My other two Savages take a standard, conventional looking magazine like those illustrated in the posts by Toroflow & Forester. This thing is like a miniature cheese grater.

Toro, Forester - those are the later magazines. I've bookmarked those sights. You never know. :D Thanks, it's guys like you that make this site worthwhile.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
QC,

I know what you mean by the Cheese Grater Knurling..... I will talk to my guy this weekend and advise.

One thing.... I think I said..... he's pricey but he's got the goods.

I'll be back atcha....

Drew

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Drew,

If I run across another 23C, I'll let you know. I've been looking for one like this for probably as long as you have.

Steve.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Just got a call into my guy..... You might get lucky twice in one week.... (When was the last time that happened and it didn't involve a trip across the River or an late night withdrawl at the ATM?) :D

If I hook you up does that mean I don't have to ride BIT CH all the way back to Alpha Centauri?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell, Drew, if you hook me up, I'll let you ride DW all the way back to Alpha Centauri. He might not like it, though. :lol:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Quarter Cherokee said:
Hell, Drew, if you hook me up, I'll let you ride DW all the way back to Alpha Centauri. He might not like it, though. :lol:
You better dig out the long latigo for that trip..... I don't intend to make that ride bareback.... :D

Do you know if the .25-20 mags will feed .32's?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Drew,

Yep, they'll feed both. I have one in .25-20 and it is marked for both cartridges. It is one of the later guns, though, with the box type magazine.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I relayed the 411. My Guy's digging. If he strikes pay dirt (and he usually does) I'll put you two togeather..... Hang onto your butt!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Drew, heard anything from your guy, yet?

Haven't located anything on this end. Several after market magazines, but nothing original.

Thanks for your help, Amigo!

Su Hermano,

QC

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
At the plate twice and still no joy.... one guy yet to call.... he's waaaaaay up on the VT / NH / Canadian Border and never answers his phone.... no machine either.... he laughs at unopened mail and scratches his head when you mention computers and get grouchy when you suggest he use the internet.... sounds like you Bro.

I'm still workin' it....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts