Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been over on the "other" one for a few years, but I found this one after seeing it on the Ruger Forum (imagine that!)....

So my name is Steve and I like firearms for their handsome and artistic appearance, their ergonomic functionality, and because they can save my life or the lives of others. I own all kinds of firearms. Pistols, revolver, shotguns, and rifles by all kinds of manufacturers. The only guns I don't like are ones that don't work. But if it shoots, I like it!

I'll post a pic of my S&W 624, engraved with 75% coverage American Scroll by Michael Gouse ( http://www.mtart.com ) as a tribute to Skeeter Skelton. I bought the gun used because Skeeter said the only thin better than a 4" S&W .44 Special Model 24 would be one made of stainless steel. I put Skeeter's grips on it, made of birdseye maple by Deacon Deason of Bear Hug Grips. It also had a Weigand Combat rear sight and an SDM gold bead front sight. I carry it in an El Paso Saddlery Threeperson crossdraw holster and it used to see lots of shooting and lots of woods carry when my parents had a log cabin in Wisconsin.

-Steve

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Steve!

Nice example of a model 624, too! Thanks for the pic.. We like pics around here.. goodjob01

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
welcome01

Nice picture of your 624!!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Hi mm6mm6,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. BouncyG

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I have always thought that gun was about the best tribute one could give

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

Lets see some more yummy pics!

leejack

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
welcome aboard Steve.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Lets see some more yummy pics!"

I don't know how "yummy" this one is, but our dog Shelby was lounging on the stairs when I came by with the camera. I think this is definitely his "baleful" look!

Here's one that might be considered "yummy":

·
Registered
628 Posts
Shelby is the best you can do---let it be...

leave the engraved jems for another day...we love them!

Great to see you Steve!

Best regards, George

& I want to go fish'n in FLa with your buddies next time, please??!?!?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome Steve. Beautiful sixgun there! Regards 18DAI.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts