Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it's far from perfect.

In the early 1980s I bought a BRNO Model 22F rifle in 7x57. For those unfamiliar this is a small ring Model 98 commercial action with a double square bridge feature. Also has a spoon bolt handle and double set triggers. This was the most beautiful rifle I ever owned and I loved it.

It was stolen in 1986 and I have mourned its loss. Only saw one other like it before today and that was at a gun show around 1995 or so. I was severely underemployed and no way could I afford the $750 asking price. I had paid $375 for mine 12-15 years earlier.

But I kept an eye out. Today while perusing the GunBroker auctions I spotted one just like the one I lost. Well, not just like it. Whereas mine was in perfect condition this one is rather shabby. It has been reblued and the stock was cut shorter to fit a woman or child then later someone added a spacer to return it to full length. It is not pretty.

But it is the rifle I wanted, and I have not seen another in the past 14 years. I felt the price reflected the condition. A nice one will now sell for $2,000- $2,500 and this was offered at a buy it now of $999. So I bought it.

I am happy to have this one but I will keep looking for a better one. This model was only made for 5-6 years so they are not real common. In the past 30 years I have seen 3, and bought 2 of them.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Glad you found one but sorry you are now looking for a stock. Or are you leaving it as is?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A replacement would be nearly impossible to find. As is the rear sight which I just noticed is missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saxon, I know I am reviving an old thread but I thought I would let you know that I have BRNO 22F minus the bolt and trigger guard that I am looking to sell, you could steal the stock off it...

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I took my life in my hands and posted a "heads-up" for SP on the forum whose URL shall not be named. I guess, when "Kong" sees it, I shall be mightily chastised.

Mike

Reactions: DocZeus

·
Super Moderator
19,408 Posts
KremlinKrow and MMitch,
You both did good.
Sometimes we just gotta' do, what we gotta' do.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I PM'ed SP and he responded. Hopefully he is looking in.

Mike

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PM sent regarding the partial 22F. I may be interested.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Steyr and CZ and Mauser oh my! You guys are reminding me of my summer project a Husky 9.3 X 62 I have to fit and dial-in a front sight for. Nice guns, hopefully nice ending. Over the water I have heard it referred to as a butter knife handle (FWIW).

Waidmann's heil alles.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, that's the spoon handle.

I think the stock will work for me and I am willing to take a chance. PM sent asking price for incomplete rifle to use as parts gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts