Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Steel Shoot Match here in NE Georgia. Weather was sunny and 53. The Steel Match is in 22 LR. Grandson used Ruger MK IV Hunter and I used Heavy Barrel MK IV and we both used our own 10/22 rifles. Well took about 4 hours but he took 2nd place and I got first place in seniors division. So, finally got something I had strived fro for a while.
So was an excellent day. It is a small gun club and we are pleased with this as a mark of our performance. Mainly is shooting well but camaraderie with like minded people that love guns and shooting.
Grandson's medal

Mine

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey Jeep,

The Steel Challenge Format is great!

Congratulations!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
Congrats mate well done...

thewelshm

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations . You're making some irreplaceable memories there for your Grandson.
I am amazed that his Dad will not do this with him as he would really like it but I am honored that I can do it and support him and that he is so enthusiastic about it. He has improved a lot and strives on the competition. I am very proud of him.

·
Registered
21,328 Posts
I just shoot when ever I feel like it. I don't do competitions, so I'll never get an award. But, it must be fun to do, 'cause a lot of people are into Target Shooting at my club. I don't shoot well enough, anymore.

But, I joined just to have somewhere to practice, and enjoy shooting, without getting hassled. I joined 21 years ago, and pay the Senior Member Discount rate of $90/year, now. We have a school about 1/2 mile away. So there are many restricions on when we are allowed to shoot outside. There is an indoor range, but I prefer shooting outside. Bob

·
Premium Member
13,691 Posts
How do you give multiple likes to a single post?

Congratulations! Good job... (in many ways).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts