Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed this in the wrong section. At some date I should learn to read :oops:

I finally decided to purchase an M&P-9 full size with no internal lock but with the magazine safety. Some find the magazine safety objectionable but not I. The price was right approximately 30% of suggested retail.

The polymer has no soul perspective doesn’t resonate with me. The weapon designers chose it as a structural material component. The functionality/cost/effectiveness can’t be denied. Esthetically - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The ergonomics (having extra large hands and being left handed) was kind of lost on me. I tried all the grip inserts and of the three preferred the small one. As for the ambidextrous slide stop/release and the reversible magazine catch I’m into my 6th decade of a “Right Handed World”. Let just say I’ve learned to adapt. For a new shooter good features but just confuses the heck out of us more experienced persons.

The sear deactivation lever is what it is. A looks good feels good solution that addresses operator incompetency. The trigger press is nettlesome but improves with usage that is what I’ve read on the subject. S&W is extremely proud of the full capacity magazines judging by the retail price. It’s my understanding there have been issues with the M&P series pistol but S&W as taken corrective measures to resolve those problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Every autoloader I ever had gave me occasional jamming and hanging up problems. Some more than others. The only gun Ihave that have never failed ever are my revolvers.In fact some of the 50 caliber turret mounted Brownings I fired during the war also had occaccional problems every now and then. The only thing that is sure is a revolver. Especially a Smith and Wesson

Bombardier
www.artkramer.blackapplehost.com

·
Registered
19,832 Posts
If I were to buy a .45 ACP, it would probably be a S&W.....maybe even a M&P 45.....it's MUCH cheaper than the S&W 1911 or a 945. About half the cost. ;) Bob

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have three like new 9mm M&P magazines I got in a trade.

As I have no use for the M&P pistol, they are for sale. I was going to trade them at the next gunshow in W-S, but PM me if you want them. Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a full size 9mm. It is the softest shooting 9 I have. Way less than my Glock 17 or a HK P-7 I use to have. Too bad I only have 10rd mags here in Kalifornia.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One additional thing I should mention concerning sights. I did not care for the OEM sights. The OEM sights were replaced with a Novak front night sight and a 10-8 U-notch plain black rear sight. Better sight picture in my opinion.

·
Registered
19,832 Posts
Dennis, Don't they have Novak style three dot sights as OEM sights? They do seem OK for Combat Sights, but if you're a target guy, (which you are!) you need a sight that you can aim more precisely. Close enough.....may be good for guys like me! :lol: Bob

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob K said:
Dennis, Don't they have Novak style three dot sights as OEM sights?

Yes but the combination of the Novak front night and 10-8 plain U-notch is faster to aquire. The Dot drops into the U. The front sight is the most import thus the night sight insert.

·
Registered
19,832 Posts
Looks good to me! One thing about 9mm....if you buy your ammo, Walmart sells 100 rd. packs, dirt cheap! Hard to beat that! I think that may change my desire to get one in .45. Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a full sized nine and now want a 40 compact.My nine came with a threaded second barrel. I love the way the nine shoots with the small grip. I tried the middle sized and it was just ok. My scores came up dramatically with the small grip in place. Feels almost like a 1911.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts