Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,845 Posts
That's nice. I have always liked pump action shotguns with wood furniture. Was it partially disassembled when in the box? The gun looks about 6 inches longer than the box.

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Very nice. I like the pumps myself. Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
19,653 Posts
Great looking shotgun! Hope you get out to enjoy it. Range report when you can.:)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Never got to play with one of those S&W scatterguns , but they look suspiciously like a Remington 870.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
We had 870's in our vehicle racks when I retired in 2011.

My personal 870 was sold to another LEO when I retired.

P26093812.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great looking shotgun! Hope you get out to enjoy it. Range report when you can.
My initial intention was to buy one of these to shoot but this this is too damn nice so I think I’ll leave this one as is and pick up another beater to take out to shoot.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Love mine. Got it back after the department retired it. When i left the Department it went to an Lt in corrections. I got it back when he retired and the gun went to SRT supply on trade. Lt from Corrections called me and told me where it was going . I bought it back from SRT Supply. It was in my squad car from 1980 until 2000 when i got issued the new 870 police magnums. The Department finally retired the shotgun in 2015 when the Lt Retired.. SmithWesson3000 003.JPG SmithWesson3000 002.JPG

You can see where the stock is faded from the shotgun rack in the squad car ..

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
The Nobel 916s that S&W first sold were less than the best but the Smith & Wesson Pump Shotguns that were made in Japan were much better. The only problem was that they had a bigger price. For Fellows like me the Question was Do I buy a Remington 870 Made in the U S of A or a S&W Shotgun made in Japan for about the same money? The Remington 870 won out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Nobel 916s that S&W first sold were less than the best but the Smith & Wesson Pump Shotguns that were made in Japan were much better. The only problem was that they had a bigger price. For Fellows like me the Question was Do I buy a Remington 870 Made in the U S of A or a S&W Shotgun made in Japan for about the same money? The Remington 870 won out.
I hear what you’re saying I definitely think at that time I too would have chosen the Remington. Do you by chance have any idea as to the years that these were made? I’ve called Smith and Wesson and they have absolutely no information on these. Thanks

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Love mine. Got it back after the department retired it. When i left the Department it went to an Lt in corrections. I got it back when he retired and the gun went to SRT supply on trade. Lt from Corrections called me and told me where it was going . I bought it back from SRT Supply. It was in my squad car from 1980 until 2000 when i got issued the new 870 police magnums. The Department finally retired the shotgun in 2015 when the Lt Retired..

You can see where the stock is faded from the shotgun rack in the squad car ..
Another story with a happy ending. Glad you got it back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts